Actors aren’t taken seriously by producers in TV: Indraneil Sengupta
There are many things about television shows — like the way their story track keeps changing constantly — that its actors may or may not like, but Indraneil Sengupta says it’s best to leave these matters to the show’s makers.
“I don’t agree with a lot of things about the way the television industry works, but I don’t think our inputs will be taken in the right way. I don’t represent the audience and it’s tough for actors to understand what will work on screen,” says Indraneil. “The creative departments have their own strategies.We might not agree with these, but many times, these work also,” adds the 41-year-old.
Talking about time leaps, which are a common feature of Indian TV shows, Indraneil says it’s done to revive the interest of the audience. “Every show goes through leaps. Of course, some of these work, while others may not. After a certain time, it’s important to try to add something new on the show. There is nothing wrong with that,” says Indraneil, who joined the show Jamai Raja after it took a two year time leap.
The actor says there’s a perception that television is female-dominated, and although there are different shows, this perception may not change. “Nowadays, there are several male dominated shows too, some of which are doing really well. However, women oriented shows will never fade away from television,” he says.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.