Game of Thrones finale disappointed and confused Charles Dance as well. Here are his complaints
Actor Charles Dance, who played the evil and scheming Tywin Lannister on Game of Thrones for multiple seasons, has also shown disappointment towards the series finale. The final episode of the hit series drew a lot of flak from all around the world for its rushed and unjustified ending.
In an interview to Good Morning Britain, Dance said he was disappointed by the end. He was on the show to promote his upcoming film Godzilla: King of the Monsters. “I was confused. I have watched as much as I can… I wanted to know what was happening to these characters. We come to the big last series, we come to the very end and I thought, ‘Hmm, OK.’ There’s little Arya going off on a cruise somewhere, poor Jon’s gone back up north, beyond the wall and then there is Tyrion. And all the people left alive are sort of sat around the table going, ‘So well, what are we going to do now, shall we have a cup of tea or something?’ And I thought, ‘Ah, I don’t know’,” he said.
When asked if he was rooting for Tyrion Lannister, his son on the show, Dance confirmed that he was indeed. “Me personally, yes,” he said.
Dance is not alone in his complaints against the show. Conleth Hill, who played Lord Varys in the hit HBO show, has said that ‘the last couple seasons weren’t my favourite’. Lena Headey, Gwendoline Christie, Pilou Asbaek and Maisie Williams also said that they expected different endings for their characters. Others like Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington were also caught on video joking and calling the show ‘disappointing’ or ‘the best season ever,’ while nervously laughing.
A couple of days back, disappointed GoT fans started a petition on Change.org, asking the makers to remake the eighth season of the series “with competent writers”. The petition has already hit 1.2 million signatures. Sophie Turner, who played Sansa Stark in the show, slammed it as “disrespectful” to all those who work on the show.
A man from Seattle also put up a large banner exhibiting a message, “SOMEONE REWRITE GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8 PLZ”.Ryan Geddes, the man behind this act, garnered a lot of attention on social media. “I made this just to send to a couple friends as a joke, not really thinking it would go anywhere, and then we hit our limit [for funding],” Geddes told The Hollywood Reporter.
Geddes like other GoT fans was disappointed with the show’s ending and said, “As disappointing as the lazy writing and rushed conclusions of the last season of Game of Thrones have been, even more disappointing is the lack of resources for survivors of strokes and brain injuries.”
GOT will be followed by a prequel series currently titled Bloodmoon and starring Naomi Watts as the lead. Several more prequels are in various stages of development.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.
- Pavitra Punia lashed out at those criticising her relationship with Eijaz Khan and reiterated that they do not need the approval of haters. The couple fell in love during Bigg Boss 14.