Hasmukh trailer: Vir Das plays a murderous comedian in new Netflix series
Netflix on Friday released the trailer of its upcoming series, Hasmukh, starring Vir Das, which is slated to release on April 17, 2020.
The series follows the journey of a young man from Saharanpur who wants to be the greatest comedian in the world. While he is a great writer, what he lacks is comic timing. Determined to achieve his dream, he will do absolutely anything to make sure the world notices his talent. But how far is he willing to go to realise his dreams? And can he get away with it? Hasmukh is the story of untamed ambition and how, when not controlled, it can wreak havoc.
In a statement, Vir said, “Performing in front of a live audience is extremely different from being in a fictional film or series. I’m back on screen playing a strange and unusual character, so I’m excited. He’s super awkward, soft spoken, always mild...until he murders or gets on stage. Stand-up comedians will relate to Hasmukh’s journey… well, most of it at least. We’re all looking for innovative ways to make people laugh, but this guy takes it to the next level. The trailer should give you a sneak peek into what I’m talking about, but just wait and watch!”
Hasmukh, directed by Nikhil Gonsalves, also stars Ranvir Shorey, Manoj Pahwa, Ravi Kishan, Amrita Bagchi, Suhail Nayyar, Inaamulhaq and Raza Murad.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.
- Rakhi Sawant's ailing mother has said that she is disappointed that Rakhi didn't win Bigg Boss 14, but would like to see her and her husband, Ritesh, participate in the next season of the show.
- Aly Goni took a video of Jasmin Bhasin doing her make-up for his birthday party on Thursday night. She responded by dropping heart-eyes emojis in the comments section.
- Nikki Tamboli opened up about steam-ironing her ex-boyfriend's boxers in Bigg Boss 14 and said that it was not an attempt to grab eyeballs. She added that she was 'genuinely' missing him.