Indian Idol 10: Salman Ali lifts the trophy, Ankush Bhardwaj and Neelanjana Ray are runners up
At the end of season 10 of Indian Idol, Salman Ali walked away with the winner’s trophy on Sunday as social media burst with messages of congratulations. Salman beat Ankush Bhardwaj and Neelanjana Ray to emerge winner. Ankush and Neelanjana were adjudged first and second runners up respectively.
After many weeks of exciting but demanding and keenly contested show, Salman was voted the best. The show also saw actors Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif make an appearance as guests. They were there to promote their film, Zero. Salman was, of course, overwhelmed on winning the contest.
He was quoted by Indian Express as saying: “I am overwhelmed and speechless right now. The feeling of winning the 10th season of Indian Idol is yet to sink in. Indian Idol and Sony Entertainment Television have given me a platform to realize my dreams and I will always be thankful. I haven’t just learned a lot but I have had the opportunity to perform with and in front of legends from this industry. And more than anything else, I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude towards the audience who voted for all of us wholeheartedly.”
Salman’s win felt sweeter as he comes from a poor family in Mewat, Rajasthan.
It was an emotional moment for the contest’s judges — Neha Kakkar, Javed Ali and Vishal Dadlani. Infact, host Maniesh Paul and Neha got teary eyed as the season drew to a close.
The Zero team too was amazed that the plethora of talent--Shah Rukh, in fact, requested Salman to sing Sajda from his film, My Name is Khan. Zero team was in praise for all the finalists. Shah Rukh even danced to some of his hits like Chaiyyan Chaiyyan, Zaalima, Issaqbaazi and Jabra Fan.
Katrina congratulated Neelanjana saying that she had a beautiful voice and was pretty too.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.
- Pavitra Punia lashed out at those criticising her relationship with Eijaz Khan and reiterated that they do not need the approval of haters. The couple fell in love during Bigg Boss 14.
- Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.
- Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.