Kapil Sharma says he’s fit and fine, pics that showed him looking unhealthy were digitally edited
Ending all speculation around his career plans and state of health, comedian-actor Kapil Sharma took to social media to announce his return on television. On Saturday, as soon as he tweeted, “Jalad wapas aa raha hoon ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ lekar aap ke liye sirf @SonyTV par… (sic)”, his industry colleagues and fans started congratulating him. Producer Ekta Kapoor tweeted “Super” and Kapil’s fellow comedian Bharti Singh wrote, “Ajao ajao jaldi”, while a fan expressed happiness by tweeting, “KAPIL JI BILLION DOLLARS Khushiyaan de di aap ne ..! #ONLYKAPILSHARMAMATTERS #WeStandWithKapilSharma #KapilHitsBack Aap k bina sab ki haalat bina pani k machhli k jaisi ho gai thi KAPIL JI..Thank you soooo much.”
On Saturday afternoon, while promoting his first Punjabi production in Amritsar, Kapil had told us about his plans of officially tweeting the news of his comeback on TV. He added, “We were already planning with Sony TV and we are starting our show [close to] Diwali. Right now, I am busy with the Punjabi film, Son of Manjeet. This is my first production and I’m looking forward to its release.”
The comedian has been on a break ever since his last show, Family Time with Kapil Sharma, was wrapped up abruptly at the end of March this year due to his poor health. But now he’s recovering and ready to work. “I was just waiting for the right content and script to make my comeback, and we’re planning a new series with my previous team,” he said to us. “I’m perfectly fit and fine and had just undergone a rejuvenating Ayurvedic treatment. My edited pictures on social media were merely rumours,” he added.
Referring to fellow comedian Sunil Grover, with whom he had a very public fallout, Kapil said, “Sunil and I share a special bond of brotherhood with zero controversies. We were even together a few days back, sitting and laughing and discussing our upcoming projects. All the controversies are just spiced up by the fake news and apps. Things are not the way as [they’re] spiced up on social media. We may also be back on a comedy show soon.”
We tried reaching out to Kapil via calls and messages; he replied that he’s busy right now, promoting his Punjabi production, and will talk to us soon. When we got in touch with Sony TV, the official spokesperson said, “Yes, Kapil Sharma is coming home to Sony Entertainment Television, with his highly successful weekend comedy show, The Kapil Sharma Show. We are delighted and looking forward to again collaborating with Kapil and his absolutely talented creative team and actors.”
Author tweets @Shreya_MJ
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.