Kapil Sharma to marry longtime girlfriend Ginni Chatrath on December 12?
Looks like November and December is the wedding season in Bollywood. On Sunday, it was revealed that Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh will tie the knot on November 14 and 15, while Priyanka Chopra is planning her big fat Indian wedding with Nick Jonas sometime in December. Amid all this comes the news that controversial comedian Kapil Sharma will get married to his long-time girlfriend Ginni Chatrath, sometime in December.
According to a report in Indian Express, Kapil will announce the date soon but a source quoted in the report said the wedding will take place on December 12. His friends have been asked to keep their dates free. “While December 12 is the wedding date for now, Kapil and his family want to zero in on the most auspicious date. The family has already started prepping up for the big fat Punjabi wedding which will happen in his home town. Kapil is in Mumbai but has been keeping in touch and personally looking into the preparations. His show is also supposed to go on floors soon. So, he has quite a lot in his kitty for now,” the source was quoted as saying.
Kapil will soon be back on TV with the launch of the new season of The Kapil Sharma Show. He tweeted about his return to Mumbai and the start of the said show on October 16, writing on Twitter: “Back in mumbai after one n half month.. now it’s time to make u people laugh with the new season of #TKSS.”
The show, which will air on Sony TV, will see the return on popular faces such as Kiku Sharda, Sumona Chakravarti and Chandan Prabhakar. The makers are also looking for young talent and Kapil has been meeting channel and creative heads to hash out a new format as well, the report added. The show is likely to go air around Diwali.
Speaking on his wedding recently, Kapil had told IANS, “My mother has been saying that I should get married for a long time. Suddenly I realised that ‘abhi age ho rahi hai’ (I am getting on in age). So, I thought what if she says ‘no’ and after one or two years, no one agrees to get married to me.”
In March last year, he had introduced Ginni to his fans with a tweet: “Will not say she is my better half . She completes me. Love u Ginni, please welcome her. I love her so much.”
Kapil, who rose to stardom with his popular comedy show, saw his fortunes go down the drain. In March last year, a mid-air fight with fellow comedian Sunil Grover led to a lot of negative publicity. This was followed by instances of alleged unprofessional behaviour, which eventually led to his show getting pulled off air. Sunil and Ali Asgar also quit the show. It was later reported that Kapil suffered from depression. He tried making a comeback with another comedy show called Family Time With Kapil Sharma, but the show failed to take off and was cancelled after a couple of episodes. While working on his last Bollywood film Firangi, the actor had confessed that he was “genuinely unwell” and was undergoing Ayurvedic treatment in Bangalore. He also put on a lot of weight.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rakhi Sawant took to Instagram to share a video of herself doing various household chores. She complained that Bigg Boss made her a 'grihani (housewife)'.
- Kavita Kaushik called out a man for sending her abusive messages on Instagram. As he apologised to her, she exposed the ‘reality of sher dil men of our country’.
- Rahul Vaidya confirms he will marry Disha Parmar soon in an intimate ceremony. He had proposed marriage to her on national TV last year on her birthday.
- Eijaz Khan gave his girlfriend Pavitra Punia a cute shout-out as she reached one million followers on Instagram. See their adorable pictures and video.
- Kapil Sharma had shared a video of his one-year-old daughter Anayra, dancing to a Honey Singh song, on his Instagram Stories.
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.