Star Parivaar most viewed among television award shows
Indians are crazy about Bollywood, but the Star Parivaar Awards garnering the highest TVR across general entertainment channels in two years proves that television rules. The ceremony telecast on March 24 got 6.4.
TVR — the highest for any award show in 2011 and 2012.
The show not only fared better than other TV award shows, but many Bollywood award functions too. The 18th Annual Screen Awards which shifted to Colors this year got 5.36 TVR in January, with Colors’ Golden Petal Awards, Star Plus’ Entertainment Awards and Sony’s Filmfare Awards were the top five.
Star Parivaar Awards promoted their show through various on-air and on-ground activities this year. They even used 3D mapping technology, which added a completely new dimension to the viewing experience. At the function, TV stars stay ‘in character’ throughout the show and receive awards for their characters than their real self.
Nitin Vaidya, business head, Hindi channels, Star India, says, “The success of the show underlines the bond people have with the channel and the characters. Our focus has always been to entertain and provide fresh stories, technology and characters.” Last year the awards were held on a grander scale in Macau. Explaining why the channel chose Mumbai and not a foreign destination again, Vaidya says, “This year we wanted to host the awards in a city closer to the audiences. We also conducted eight city visits to reach our viewers.”
War of TVRs
Star Parivaar Awards 2012 - 6.41
18th Annual Colors Screen Awards - 5.36
Colors Golden Petal Awards - 4.98
Big Star Entertainment Awards 11-12 - 4.63
Sony’s Filmfare Awards 2011 - 4.59
Star Plus’ IIFA AWARDS 2011 - 4.39
Zee Cine Awards 2012 - 4.4
Zee Rishtey Awards - 4.2
(Ratings have been acquired from TAM)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.