Suchitra Pillai makes a comeback on small screen
Tell us about you new TV show?
Right now, I am only acting in Star One’s comedy show Ha Ha Ha because it’s different. I get to play a wide range of characters without restricting myself. It’s therapeutic because the camaraderie between the coactors is amazing. I literally wait for the shooting of this show because at the end of a tiring day, I still have a bright smile on my face
And what’s your new album about?
Called Such is life, it makes a pun on the word ‘such’, which is my name too. It’s going to be an Indi-pop album. Right now, I’m recording the fourth track. It’s not a bubble gum sort but has mature scores that will be soothing to the ears.
There are no remixes but a fine combination of acoustic guitar, Latino beats, carnatic vocals. The lyrics will be in Hindi and English. Though I’m writing the lyrics myself, I have taken the help of a few lyricists to add or change a bit here and there.
There have been times when I have walked on to the stage at events and requested for the mike to belt out a number or two. Now, I am waiting for my exclusive one-and-a-half hour non-stop session on stage.
Aren’t you juggling too many things at one time?
Yes, you can say that. I am doing a show on radio, acting in theatre, films and even cutting an album. But that’s because the entertainment industry is a very insecure place..you can’t remain dependent on one job because you may end up sitting at home. Keeping my capabilities in mind, I’m making the best use of my talent.
How’s marriage working for you?
Touchwood, wonderful is the word. We will complete two years, this May. It’s been fun all the way.
Lars compliments my personality perfectly and is my biggest fan too. He is the guy who gives me the much needed push when I tend to take things easy.
We are now in the process of decorating our new home. (Singer) Sagarika is helping me with the interiors as she has eclectic taste.
So when are you planning to start a family?
I don’t want to wait for long. I feel ready for it, not only hormonally but also the time feels right. I feel settled now. By next year, I should be ready to have my baby.
What are you looking forward to?
Two of my films but I can’t talk about them yet. Also my plays — Mad about Money and Lilette Dubey’s Dance like a Man is giving me a huge kick. And, of course, doing up my home with hubby dearest.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Eijaz Khan said that he and Pavitra Punia are serious about each other. He added that their families are also involved in their relationship.
- Kiku Sharda has dismissed reports that Krushna Abhishek is upset with him over a joke he made on a recent episode of The Kapil Sharma Show.
- Bigg Boss contestant Rakhi Sawant is really married to a man named Ritesh, her brother Rakesh has said. Ritesh's identity remains a mystery.
- Nikki Tamboli got into a heated fight with Devoleena Bhattacharjee on Bigg Boss 14. Watch the video here.
- Eijaz Khan, one of the top contenders to win Bigg Boss 14, walked out of the show earlier this week due to prior professional commitments. He hinted at his return in a video message.