Liz Truss has 90% shot over Rishi Sunak to replace Boris Johnson as next UK PM

As the race to become the next UK prime minister enters the final lap, the chances of Rishi Sunak bagging the top post are growing slim. According to betting exchange firm, Smarkets, UK Foreign Secretary Liz Truss has been rated a 90% shot to succeed former PM Boris Johnson as the head of the UK Conservative Party and the PM while Sunak's chances have plummeted to 10%. The Indian-origin British MP's campaign also suffered a blow as a former candidate endorsed his rival. Tom Tugendhat, the Tory backbencher and chair of the Commons Foreign Affairs Committee who was in the initial shortlist before being knocked out of the race earlier this month, said he preferred Truss’ campaign pitch with its promise of immediate tax cuts. Watch this video for more details.

 
SHARE
Story Saved
×
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
My Offers
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Tuesday, October 04, 2022
Start 15 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Register Free and get Exciting Deals