No help request from India on Mumbai attack: US
The United States has not received any request of help from India on its investigations of the Mumbai terrorist attack this week, a State Department official said on Friday.world Updated: Jul 16, 2011 10:24 IST
The United States has not received any request of help from India on its investigations of the Mumbai terrorist attack this week, a State Department official said on Friday.
"My understanding is that we did offer assistance, but it's not been formally requested. If that change, we'll let you know," State Department spokesman Mark Toner told reporters at his daily news conference.
Earlier, White House press secretary Jay Carney had offered US assistance in the investigations of the July 13 Mumbai blasts that left 18 people dead and over 100 injured.
"Obviously, the Indian government is investigating that (Mumbai attack). And we have offered to assist in any way we can. But I don't have any information regarding who might be responsible (for the bomb blasts)," Carney told reporters.
Toner had earlier said the Indian government is conducting its own investigation on this terrorist attack.
"We'll wait and see how that develops," he said when asked if the United States has any indication of possible Pakistani involvement or support for the Mumbai bombings.
First Published: Jul 16, 2011 10:22 IST