Articles by Rohan Naahar
- House of Secrets The Burari Deaths review: Netflix India's new true crime documentary goes beyond the gory details and asks the questions that really matter.
Published on Oct 08, 2021 06:13 PM IST
- Bhramam movie review: Prithviraj Sukumaran steps into Ayushmann Khurrana's shoes in an utterly pointless shot-for-shot remake of Andhadhun.
Updated on Oct 07, 2021 01:41 PM IST
- Aamis movie review: Writer-director Bhaskar Hazarika's new film, presented by Anurag Kashyap, might be too funky to swallow for most people, but as far as acquired tastes go, it's quite delectable.
Published on Oct 04, 2021 03:27 PM IST
- Break Point review: Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes' incredibly compelling story makes up for Ashwiny Iyer and Nitesh Tiwari's clunky direction. The show is available on ZEE5.
Updated on Oct 01, 2021 12:07 PM IST
- No Time to Die movie review: With sheer brute force and emotional complexity, Daniel Craig bids farewell to James Bond on his own terms.
Updated on Sep 30, 2021 05:47 PM IST
- Kota Factor season 2 review: Lacking the necessary insight into the tragic realities of professional coaching institutes and irresponsibly nostalgic for a toxic subculture, the wildly popular TVF series is also problematic.
Updated on Sep 24, 2021 01:15 PM IST
- Foundation review: The year's biggest science-fiction show, out on Apple TV+, is an overambitious and often overwhelming hodgepodge of ideas.
Updated on Sep 24, 2021 09:28 AM IST
- Jungle Cruise movie review: Dwayne Johnson's one-trick pony performance isn't able to elevate the new Disney film to something more memorable.
Updated on Sep 23, 2021 08:34 PM IST
- Intrusion movie review: Starring Freida Pinto and Logan Marshall-Green, Netflix's new thriller needed a sharper script to sustain it's intriguing premise.
Published on Sep 22, 2021 10:39 PM IST
- Old movie review: Nobody can accuse M Night Shyamalan of pulling punches, but what if viewers are the ones being punched?
Published on Sep 18, 2021 05:52 PM IST
- Ankahi Kahaniya movie review: Abhishek Chaubey needs to get out of director jail ASAP; his short film in the new Netflix anthology is head and shoulders above the rest.
Published on Sep 17, 2021 12:33 PM IST
- Free Guy movie review: Ironically for a movie that seems to be critical of committee-driven creativity, Ryan Reynolds new film is dispassionate to a fault.
Updated on Sep 17, 2021 09:17 AM IST
- Sex Education season 3 review: Quietly subversive, proudly progressive, and blessed with a delicate, empathic tone; Netflix's deceptively titled show remains wildly stimulating.
Updated on Sep 16, 2021 10:00 PM IST
- Y The Last Man review: Brian K Vaughan and Pia Guerra's celebrated comic book series gets a disappointing adaptation that discards everything that made the comics so great.
Published on Sep 13, 2021 06:35 PM IST
- Bhoot Police movie review: Despite enthusiastic performances by Saif Ali Khan and (surprisingly) Jacqueline Fernandez, the new horror-comedy relies too heavily on cliches and is stuck being mildly amusing.
Updated on Sep 10, 2021 04:40 PM IST
- The Voyeurs movie review: Amazon's timid erotic thriller has no idea what to do with Sydney Sweeney. Proceed with caution.
Updated on Sep 09, 2021 10:23 PM IST
- Mumbai Diaries 26/11 review: Anchored by Mohit Raina and Konkona Sensharma's strong performances, Nikkhil Advani's new Amazon show is a genuinely moving ground-level look at the Mumbai terror attacks.
Published on Sep 08, 2021 11:59 PM IST
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings movie review: Tony Leung delivers a knockout performance as Wenwu, the best Marvel Cinematic Universe villain since Black Panther's Killmonger.
Updated on Sep 03, 2021 09:03 AM IST
- Black Widow movie review: Not only is it the worst film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (yes, it really is that bad), it really isn't how Scarlett Johansson should've been sent off.
Updated on Sep 05, 2021 07:21 AM IST
- Fast & Furious 9 movie review: Vin Diesel's long-running action franchise is in desperate need of refuelling.
Published on Sep 02, 2021 05:40 PM IST
- In conversations with Hindustan Times, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings actors Simu Liu and Michelle Yeoh, and director Destin Daniel Cretton, spoke about creating the MCU's first Asian superhero.
Published on Sep 01, 2021 03:47 PM IST
- Reminiscence movie review: New Hugh Jackman thriller is an unnecessarily grim rehash of Christopher Nolan's films.
Published on Aug 27, 2021 09:48 PM IST
- The Empire review: A potentially engaging story of palace intrigue is wasted in Disney+ Hotstar's consistently dull adaptation of Alex Rutherford's Mughal era novels.
Updated on Aug 27, 2021 03:12 PM IST
- Cruella movie review: Emma Stone and Emma Thompson face off in Disney's hyper-kinetic but largely unnecessary prequel.
Published on Aug 27, 2021 07:17 AM IST
- The Green Knight movie review: David Lowery's new fantasy epic, starring Dev Patel, is among the best films of the year.
Published on Aug 26, 2021 09:56 PM IST
- The Father movie review: Anthony Hopkins' astonishing performance anchors Florian Zellner's heartbreaking drama.
Updated on Aug 26, 2021 08:49 PM IST
- Sweet Girl movie review: Jason Momoa's bland Netflix thriller has a plot twist so bonkers that you'll be blindsided.
Updated on Aug 21, 2021 11:39 AM IST
- Nine Perfect Strangers review: Nicole Kidman reunites with her Big Little Lies creator David E Kelley for the third time, but the duo isn't able to capture the lightning-in-a-bottle energy of their earlier work.
Published on Aug 19, 2021 08:01 PM IST
- Space Jam A New Legacy movie review: An inhibited LeBron James performance and a shameless over-reliance on Easter eggs ruins the legacy of Michael Jordan's original 90s hit.
Published on Aug 19, 2021 01:21 PM IST
- The White Lotus review: Mike White and his spectacular cast deliver one of the best shows of 2021. The new HBO social satire/murder mystery is the rare TV experience that'll give you withdrawal symptoms when you're done.
Updated on Aug 19, 2021 12:34 AM IST