A romantic of the ferocious Rafael Nadal forehand, Rutvick Mehta loves his tennis but has been covering various other sport since 2012. He writes for HT.
Articles by Rutvick Mehta
- The Indian doubles ace has found new verve in which she had said would be her final WTA season and goes into the French Open doubles and mixed doubles with high hopes
- A 90-minute net session was crucial to batting like he’s capable of.
- Former skipper hits 54-ball 73 to help Bangalore beat Gujarat Titans by 8 wickets in their final league game.
- The numbers the 19-year-old Spaniard - World No 6 and eyeing his first Grand Slam win at Roland Garros - has accumulated mirrors the early success of the Big Three.
- Dew factor had prompted teams to bowl first towards the beginning of the tournament but that trend has been reversed in the last fortnight.
Aussie hits second half-century in a row to help Delhi Capitals register 17-run win and keep playoff hopes alive
- It’s been a while coming but at Punjab Kings this explosive batter and useful spinner is proving to be value for money.
- Bairstow’s 66 (29b, 4x4, 7x6) and Livingstone’s 70 (42b, 5x4, 4x6) drove Punjab to 209/9, a total that proved a bridge too far for RCB who could only muster 155/9 at Brabourne stadium.
Mumbai Indians pace spearhead does the heavy lifting again, taking 5/10 against KKR, but he doesn't mind the extra pressure
- The speedster captured 5/10, including three in an over, but Mumbai Indians couldn’t cash in as Kolkata Knight Riders pacers Pat Cummins and Andre Russell bowled them to victory.
- The 19-year-old British player, who became the first qualifier to win a Grand Slam title at last year’s US Open, has split with another coach and is enjoying going it alone for now.
- In a men’s game that is searching for fresh faces to assert themselves, 19-year-old Spaniard Carlos Alcaraz seems the real deal going by his sensational rise
- India’s standout 3,000m steeplechase runner bettered the 30-year-old record in the longer distance in a race in California on Friday and coach Amrish Kumar expects Sable to break the 10,000m mark too.
- Not assured a permanent position in KKR's batting order, Rana adapts to keep ticking.
- Rana’s 60-run partnership with Shreyas Iyer settled their nerves after RR were restricted to 152/5 at the Wankhede Stadium
- An age gap of over 10 years hasn’t blunted the competitive spirit between India’s top two players, nor has it stopped them from helping the game grow.
- The 15-year-old is the only amateur in India’s seven-member men’s and women’s squads chosen for the Asian Games to be staged in Hangzhou, China in September
City finished with two wins after beating Iraq’s Air Force Club 1-0 in Riyadh, having only hoped to become the first India team to score a win in the elite tournament
- "The main thing right now for me is to just feel good on the court again and get my confidence back," says the 24-year-old player.
- Second batter after Virat Kohli to cross 6,000 IPL runs, Shikhar Dhawan shows not necessarily kick-starting on fourth gear still pays
The opening batsman’s 59-ball knock took PBKS to 187/4 and champions Chennai, despite Ambati Rayudu’s 39-ball 78, still fell short to lose by 11 runs
The 31-year-old Mumbai City FC defender has the knack of popping up at the right moments to score vital goals, none better than an India first to beat Iraq’s Air Force Club in the AFC Champions League
Former CSK captain hits 28* off 13 balls, including 16 in the final over, to hand Mumbai Indians their seventh straight loss
- The multiple Olympic gold medallist won 50 and 100m breaststroke events at the British Championship.
- Buttler’s 103, his second ton of the IPL season, and the spinner’s five scalps help beat KKR by seven runs in thrilling game.
- The 2020-21 Indian Super League champions rallied to beat Iraq Air Force Club 2-1 with Rahul Bheke scoring the winning goal.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad captain Kane Williamson hit a half century and controlled the early part of the chase after counterpart Hardik Pandya too struck a half-century at the DY Patil Stadium
- Poland’s 2020 French Open champion has risen to world No 1 since Ash Barty quit the game, but her stay on the rankings peak will face a stern test this season
- The Sri Lanka leg-spinner had big shoes to fill as a replacement for Yuzvendra Chahal, and he is showing his versatility with wickets and control at any point in the innings
- The Indian club showed fight until a first-half penalty set them back, eventually losing 0-3 in their opening game to Al-Shabab FC in Riyadh on Friday.