Shilpu Singh ‘suicide’ case: Indore court dismisses bail plea of one of 3 accused
A court in Indore has rejected the bail plea of one of the three men accused of abetting the alleged suicide by a woman Shilpu Singh Bhadoria from the fourth floor of a hotel on Friendship Day.
Bhadoria was the daughter of army subedar Ramesh Singh Bhadoria.
The court while rejecting the bail plea of accused Neeraj Dandotiya on Thursday has also mentioned in the order about the police having registered a case of suicide, while the autopsy report of the deceased woman’s body suggested it was a case of murder.
While rejecting the bail plea of one of the three accused Neeraj Dandotiya, additional district judge Mahesh K Saini observed prominently in the order about the August 8 autopsy report of the woman’s body suggesting that her death was homicidal, Bhadoria’s counsel Mohan Singh Chandel said on Friday
After hearing Bhadoria’s counsel, the court denied bail to Dandotiya and observed that as per the post mortem report the death which was homicidal in nature was caused due to injuries inflicted before she allegedly plunged from a hotel in Indore on August 7.
The 22-year-old BBA pass out Shilpu Singh Bhadoria had plunged to death from the fourth floor of the hotel in Indore on August 7 evening, where she had gone with boyfriend Ashutosh Johre.
Johre’s two friends Neeraj Dandotiya and Shailendra Saraswat were staying in one of the rooms of the hotel since August 7 morning.
The findings of the autopsy performed at Indore’s MY Hospital on August 8 mentioned that Shilpu’s death was due to asphyxia as a result of smothering and chest compression due to blunt force trauma over back of the chest.
The report, a copy of which is with the Hindustan Times, states the body bore signs suggestive of struggle in form of nail marks and injuries.
It also mentioned the death being homicidal in nature.
Not ready to go by the autopsy report, Indore police, had however, maintained that it had sent the samples of Shilpu’s body for another analysis at forensic science lab at Sagar and Rau (Indore), besides examination by medico legal experts at Bhopal.
Shilpu’s father Ramesh Singh Bhadoria, currently posted as a subedar with the National Cadet Corps (NCC) in Lucknow has already petitioned the Indore bench of Madhya Pradesh high court in the matter.
The case will come up for hearing before the HC on September 26.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A decision to this effect was taken after BJP MLA from Mandsaur, Yashpal Singh Sisodia, raised the issue in the state legislative assembly.
- The family members of the accused said the girls knew Sohail for several years and they had gone to Khargone to celebrate Sohail’s birthday
- An employee of a nearby petrol pump said he heard a blast-like sound and when he reached the accident spot, he saw the car in a bad shape, said a police officer.
- The decision was taken during a high-level Covid review meeting held on Monday after a new wave of Covid-19 cases was reported from Indore.
- Madhya Pradesh became the first state which is ready with a roadmap to make the state self-reliant, said the Governor.
- Dentist Tripathi confessed to his crime after police found the tower location of Vibha’s mobile matched his at the same time on December 14, the day Vibha vanished.