Bihar Election 2020: Result updates for Goriakothi, Maharajganj, Ekma, Manjhi, Baniapur, Taraiya
The RJD has won three assembly constituencies in the Maharajganj Lok Sabha constituency in the 2015 Lok Sabha elections. The Lok Sabha constituency was won by union minister Janardan Singh Sigriwal in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. Congress and Janata Dal (United) MLAs are currently incumbent in Manjhi,Ekma and Maharajganj assembly constituencies.
Get the latest updates from Maharajganj Lok Sabha constituency:
Goriakothi assembly election 2020 result updates: Devesh Kant Singh (BJP) won the seat by a margin of 11,891 votes. He defeated Nutan Devi of RJD.
Maharajganj assembly election 2020 result updates: Congress bags Maharajganj after defeating Hem Narayan Sah of JD(U) by a margin of 1,976. In the 2015 Assembly election, the seat was won by Hem Narayan Sah.
Ekma assembly election 2020 result updates: Srikant Yadav (RJD) wins Ekma by a margin of more than 13,000 votes.
Manjhi assembly election 2020 result updates: Dr. Satyendra Yadav of the CPI(M) has wins Manjhi after defeating an Independent candidate Rana Pratap Singh.
Baniapur assembly election 2020 result updates: Kedar Nath Singh of RJD wins Baniapur. He defeated Virendra Kumar Ojha of VIP by a margin of 27,789 votes.
Taraiya assembly election 2020 result updates: Janak Singh of Bharatiya Janata Party wins the constituency as he defeats Sipahi Lal Mahto of RJD.
The assembly constituencies of Goriakothi, Maharajganj, Ekma, Manjhi, Baniapur and Taraiya come under the Lok Sabha Constituency of Maharajganj. The population of these constituencies are mostly rural.
The six seats had following winning candidates in 2015:
Goriakothi -Satyadeo Prasad Singh (RJD)
Ekma - Manoranjan Singh (JD(U))
Maharajganj - Hem Narayan Sah (JD(U))
Manjhi - Vijay Shanker Dubey (INC)
Baniapur - Kedarnath Singh (RJD)
Taraiya - Lal Mahato (RJD)
In 2015 elections, close to 8.9 lakh voters cast their votes according to data shared by the Election Commission of India. According to data released by the office of the Chief Electoral Officer(CEO), Baniapur and Taraiya recorded 50% voter turnout in the 2020 assembly elections. Goriakothi and Ekma recorded 47% voter turnout and Maharajganj and Manjhi recorded 49% turnout in these elections.
Exit polls are based on responses from people who pollsters speak to voters after they have casted their vote after the elections. These exit polls have in the past predicted wrong winners due to which electorates and contenders will be glued to Election Commission of India’s updates to know who is leading in constituencies across the state.
Bihar held its elections recently amid the coronavirus pandemic in three phases - October 28, November 3 and November 7. The voters cast their votes for more than 1,200 candidates this election.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Nandigram movement was instrumental in the TMC’s rise to power in the eastern state as well as in the country’s recent political history.
- Stones pelted at BJP workers during rally attended by Union minister Debasree Chaudhuri, party's state chief Dilip Ghosh and Suvendu Adhikari in Kolkata, reports ANI
- Mamata Banerjee’s decision to contest the elections from Nandigram can also be seen as a counter to TMC rebel Suvendu Adhikari who joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in December last year.
- Bhupesh Baghel's meetings in Assam will be his first to review the Congress' poll preparedness for the assembly elections expected a few months later.
- This is Palaniswami’s first visit to Delhi after the AIADMK’s general council meeting earlier this month announced him as the chief ministerial candidate for the upcoming elections.
- There are also reports that some of the slighted leaders like Professor KV Thomas were planning to leave the party.