3 Idiotas, Mexican remake of Aamir Khan’s 3 Idiots to open Jagran film festival in Delhi
It may have been years since Aamir Khan-starrer film, 3 Idiots, hit theatres but the Rajkumar Hirani directorial continues to entice the audience - 3 Idiotas, the Mexican remake of 3 Idiots, will be screened in India for the first time when it opens the ninth edition of the Jagran Film Festival (JFF) in Delhi.
The movie released in Mexico last year and became one of the top grossers. Mexican actors Alfonso Dosal, Christian Vazquez, German Valdez and Martha Higareda play the roles originally essayed by Bollywood actors Aamir Khan, Sharman Joshi, R. Madhavan and Kareena Kapoor Khan respectively from the Indian version.
Basant Rathore, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Brand Development, Jagran Prakashan Ltd, said: “We think it’s amazing that Carlos Bolado (director) loved the original film so much that he decided to remake it with 3 Idiotas. True art and entertainment knows no borders; interpreting a piece of cinema, making it your own and sharing it with a larger audience is the essence of the Jagran Film Festival. It’s all about seeking inspiration from different cultures, languages, emotions and telling your own story.”
The plot, much like 3 Idiots, is a coming-of-age story revolving around a group of close friends who go on a humorous and memorable adventure in search of their close college friend that went missing five years ago, just a day before their graduation ceremony. It showcases the ups and downs in a friendship and the bond they forge while searching for their beloved friend.
This year, JFF will showcase over 200 films and will travel to 18 cities. The competition segment will include international and Indian features, shorts, Indian documentaries and student Films. The non-competitive segment will include thematic specials, a retrospective, tributes, India Showcase, World Panorama and Hot Shorts.
In the capital, it begins of June 29 and will end on July 3.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.