83 first look: Ranveer Singh shares pic with entire cast. Here’s how they look compared to Kapil Dev’s team
Actor Ranveer Singh has shared the first good look at the entire star cast of his upcoming film, ‘83. The picture, clicked in Dharamshala where the whole team was shooting for the film for the last couple of weeks, shows everyone in white test cricket uniforms.
Ranveer revealed the film’s release date as well with the pic. “One year from today, relive India’s greatest story #Relive83 Releasing on 10th April 2020,” he captioned the picture.
The photo features actors Pankaj Tripathi, Saqib Saleem, Ammy Virk, Hardy Sandhu, Chirag Patil, Jatin Sarna and more. The film is directed by Kabir Khan and produced by Madhu Mantena. It is based on India’s iconic win at the 1983 World Cup under the captaincy of Kapil Dev, played by Ranveer in the film.
Kapil had also coached the Indian cricket team from October 1999 to August 2000. Here’s a picture of the original team:
Ranveer has been undergoing intense physical training to get into the skin of his character of a cricketer. The actor recently shared a glimpse from the training camp, set up in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh on his Twitter handle. He captioned it as, “Top of the world #HimachalPradesh @83thefilm.”
A few days back, Ranveer had shared pictures with Kapil Dev from the training camp. Adding to his fans’ excitement, the actor has been actively sharing pictures with the film’s entire cast on social media. The film will go on floors on May 15. The first schedule will go on for about 100 days and will be shot in London and Scotland.
Earlier, Ranveer had shared a picture on his Instagram account in which he can be seen training with cricket coach Balwinder Singh Sandhu, who was part of the 1983 team.
Apart from 83, Ranveer will also be seen in Karan Johar’s period drama Takht which is set to release in 2020. The Johar magnum opus also stars Alia Bhatt, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Vicky Kaushal, Janhvi Kapoor, Bhumi Pednekar and Anil Kapoor in lead roles.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.