Akshay Kumar wants Housefull to be like comedy Avengers, says he’s asked Sajid Nadiadwala to make it happen
Actor Akshay Kumar has said he wants the Housefull franchise to be like a ‘comedy Avengers’. He was speaking at the trailer launch of Housefull 4. Directed by Farhad Samji, it the latest film in the hit franchise headlined by Akshay. Housefull 4 stars Riteish Deshmukh, Kriti Sanon, Kriti Kharbanda, Pooja Hegde, Bobby Deol and Chunky Pandey.
A Mumbai Mirror report quoted him as saying, “I’ve even spoke to Sajid (Nadiadwala, producer) about a film which has all the characters returning. It will be our own Comedy Avengers.”
While Akshay, Riteish Deshmukh, Boman Irani and Chunky Pandey have featured in every Housefull film, Deepika Padukone and Lara Dutta were seen in the first film and John Abraham, Jacqueline Fernandez and Zareen Khan joined the team for the second film. The third one featured Nargis Fakhri, Lisa Haydon and Abhishek Bachchan.
Filmmaker Sajid Khan had directed the first two instalments of the Housefull franchise, and he was filming Housefull 4 before being asked to step down in October last year after he was accused of sexual harassment by three women, including actor Saloni Chopra. Farhad Samji came on board to finish the film.
Talking about choosing diverse projects, Akshay told Hindustan Times in an interview, “Most of my films be it Padman (2018), Toilet: Ek Prem Katha (2017) or even Mission Mangal, they have one more thing — women’s empowerment. But I’ve to do a Housefull, a Rowdy Rathore and a Good News also. So, it’s not that this [issue-based films] is the only thing I do. Whenever I get a chance and a good script, I’ll do it. I want to have all kinds of films in my kitty.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyaank Sharma and Shaza Morani hosted a Christian-style wedding ceremony in the Maldives this week. The couple exchanged their vows at a beach ceremony, and danced to Ed Sheeran's Perfect.
- Twitter users reacted after Kangana Ranaut shamed 'achievers' of today for wearing 'torn American jeans and rags like blouses'. Some found pictures of Kangana herself wearing the clothes that she described.
- Sunny Leone 'found' husband Daniel Weber wearing nothing but a strategically placed hat, and decided to shoot a video of him for her Instagram followers.
- The trailer for Flight, a new film starring Mohit Chadda, has been released. Watch here.
- Shabana Azmi shared a rare throwback picture from the golden era. While there are number of well-known faces in the picture, she mentioned how she failed to recall who the Soviets were in the picture.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan attended the wedding of Punjab CM Amarinder Singh's granddaughter recently, and pictures of him having a good time have surfaced online.
- Priyanka Chopra and mother Madhu Chopra were recently spotted taking a walk on a London street. The actor is in the UK for the shooting of spy series, Citadel.
- Tiger Shroff, mom Ayesha Shroff, sister Krishna Shroff and rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani came together for the actor's birthday dinner.
- Shraddha Kapoor turns 34 on Wednesday and to celebrate we are revisiting the time she told her father, Shakti Kapoor, how proud she was of him.
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.