Anil Kapoor called Maheep after seeing Shanaya’s episode of Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives
Actor Anil Kapoor has seen one episode of the Netflix reality show Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, and has positive things to say about his sister-in-law, Maheep, and niece, Shanaya Kapoor.
Maheep features on the show along with Seema Khan, Bhavana Pandey and Neelam Kothari Soni. The series follows the four star wives, as they navigate their personal and professional lives in the film industry.
In an interview to Pinkvilla, Anil said, “Maine iska pehla episode dekha (I watched the first episode) and I liked it. Matter of fact, I spoke to Maheep also, she was very, very good in the show. Everybody was good but obviously, my loyalties are with Maheep. So immediately I called her up and told her. Sanjay se bhi meri baat hui (I spoke to Sanjay, too) so I was happy to see her. I was happy to see Shanaya also, she looked beautiful in it .”
Maheep is the wife of actor Sanjay Kapoor, Anil’s brother. In the show, Maheep and Sanjay discuss the pressures that he faced because of his connection to the Kapoor family, and being perceived as the least successful of his siblings.
In the show, Sanjay is seen celebrating with Maheep after signing a Karan Johar project. “It took me twenty-five years for finally this nepotism to work. I have known Karan for nearly 30 years. But finally, I am happy it’s work which has got me work, not nepotism. People need to understand that, otherwise I would have been the busiest actor. With the amount of people I know, I would have been doing the best of work,” he said.
Anil will next be seen in AK vs AK, in which he plays an exaggerated version of himself opposite Anurag Kashyap. The film releases on Netflix on Thursday.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.