Anurag Kashyap envies director Anubhav Sinha for pulling off Article 15, but says song at end was unnecessary
Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap envies his colleague Anubhav Sinha. The reason? Article 15.“Envy Anubhav Sinha to have pulled off Article 15 that he has,” Kashyap tweeted on Monday. “Great performances and storytelling topped by such incredible cinematography, music, sound. A perfect slow burn of a thriller much like Mississippi Burning. Congratulations to all involved,” he added.
Article 15 aims to remind people about Article 15 of the Constitution which prohibits any discrimination on grounds of religion, race, caste, sex or place of birth, and how its value has been forgotten. The investigative thriller features Ayushmannn Khurrana as a police officer, with Sayani Gupta, Kumud Mishra, Isha Talwar and Manoj Pahwa in key roles.
Kashyap wrote: “Ayushmann, Sayani, Gaurav Solanki, Manoj Pahwa, Zeeshan Ayyub, Vineet, Kumud Mishra and everybody whose name I don’t remember. Bas end title mein gaana nahin chahiye tha. (Just didn’t want song in the end).”
According to trade expert Taran Adarsh, Article 15, which released on June 28, had a healthy weekend.“Ample growth on Day 2 and 3... Metros strong, driving its business ... Kabir Singh wave + India versus England #CWC19 cricket match (on Sunday) restrict overall growth... Weekdays crucial... Friday Rs 5.02 crore, Saturday Rs 7.25 crore, Sunday Rs 7.77 crore. Total: Rs 20.04 crore. India business,” he tweeted.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ahead of the release of Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor talked about why she did not use her mother Sridevi's ChaalBaaz as a reference point, facing criticism from a young age and her upcoming projects.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.