Arjun Kapoor on wedding rumours with Malaika Arora: ‘She is special, but I’m in no hurry to get married’
Actor Arjun Kapoor has offered his most definitive statement yet on his rumoured wedding with Malaika Arora. Reacting to strong speculation that the two are considering tying the knot, Arjun has said, “I am in no hurry to get married.”
It was previously reported that Arjun and Malaika would get married on April 19. Details of the ceremonies, the wedding guest list and catering had also been shared on some portals. Arjun told DNA in a new interview when he was asked if he was getting married in June, “No, I am not. I’m 33 and you have to take my word when I say, I’m in no hurry to get married.”
Asked about the constant speculation, he said, “The subject of my wedding is not something that I would like to talk about. Frankly, if I was tying the knot, people would know about it. Today, nothing stays or needs to be hidden beyond a point.” He continued, “Speculation is harmless. But I admit, I don’t like to respond to it all the time. Also, it gets tiring for the people involved to constantly react. There has been so much gossip on this subject that even the people who earlier tended to believe it are no longer doing so. I don’t have anything against anyone.”
Admitting that Malaika is ‘special’ to him, he said he has ‘nothing to discuss, and nothing to hide’. Arjun continued, “What the world is seeing, they are seeing. However, I have no desire to justify my personal life beyond a point. It is important to have good people around me and I feel fortunate that I have such individuals in my life.”
In March, Arjun had said that an announcement would be made if there was anything worth announcing. “When there is something to talk about, you will all know,” he said, according to IANS. Malaika, meanwhile, had rubbished reports of the wedding. “There is no truth to these silly speculations,” Bombay Times quoted her as saying.
Malaika and Arjun are frequently spotted together in public. Dating rumours first began last year, when they were photographed holding hands in Milan. They recently went on a vacation to the Maldives together, and shared pictures on social media.
Arjun is currently filming director Ashutosh Gowarikar’s period epic, Panipat. He will next be seen in the thriller India’s Most Wanted.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.