Article 15 song Shuru Karein Kya teaser: Kaam Bhaari, SlowCheeta join Ayushmann Khurrana in his fight for justice
The teaser of the first song of Ayushmann Khurrana’s Article 15, Shuru Karein Kya is out. It is a much-needed call to action for the citizens of the country. It asks citizens to ensure that justice prevails.
Devin ‘DLP’ Parker & Gingger have composed the song. Slow Cheetah, Dee MC, Kaam Bhaari and Spit Fire, who have lent their voices for the ‘angry number’, have also penned the song. The video opens with three dead bodies hanging from a tree and proceeds to Ayushmann demanding from the officers in his team why they have not taken any action in the case.
“This song is a call to action. It has youngsters saying what needs to be done for the country rightaway, so the title Shuru Karein Kya,” director Anubhav Sinha told Mumbai Mirror. “Somebody recommended the name of Spit Fire, who’s from Madhya Pradesh. We discussed the idea and came up with the idea of a quartet, including a woman, and put the entire team together,” he further told the tabloid.
Directed by Anubhav of Mulk fame, Article 15 is inspired by the Badaun rape incident. Talking about the film’s subject, actor Manoj Pahwa had earlier told ANI, “This film is not completely based on the heinous crime that took place in Badaun where two girls were raped and hanged. We can say that this film is inspired by that incident and we have included some chunks of it.”
Ayushmann plays a police officer for the first time in the film that is slated to hit theatres on June 28. Article 15 also features Isha Talwar, Manoj Pahwa, Sayani Gupta, Kumud Mishra, M Naser, Ashish Verma, Sushil Pandey, Subrajyoti Bharat and Mohammad Zeeshan Ayyub.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.
- Mumbai Saga trailer has John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi locking horns with Mumbai streets as the arena. Watch the trailer here.
- Pulkit Samrat shared a funny picture of himself and his beauty regimen and credited girlfriend Kriti Kharbanda for it. See her response here.
- Most filmmakers welcome the new guidelines for OTT while Onir called it 'death of Cinema and Good content'. Ali Abbar Zafar has called it a good step
- Jacqueline Fernandez shared a glorious sunkissed picture of hers and showering her with praise and love were not just her many fans but internationally known, DJ Snake. See here.