Deepika Padukone celebrates sister Anisha’s birthday, attends 25th anniversary bash of dad Prakash’s badminton academy
Deepika Padukone celebrated her younger sister Anisha Padukone’s birthday in Bengaluru on Sunday. Videos and pictures from the intimate celebrations are out now. Earlier in the day, she also took part in the 25th anniversary celebrations of legendary Indian badminton player and her father, Prakash Padukone’s academy.
In videos from the birthday celebration, we see both the sisters dressed in pearly white outfits, with Deepika’s loose shirt looking casually chic. There isn’t a conventional cake, but a number of cupcakes with sparklers on them. As others in the background sing Happy Birthday, Deepika helps light the sparklers. Anisha looks on, looking attractive in a matching white collared dress.
Deepika on Monday also took to Instagram to wish her sister on latter’s birthday and revealed their common love -- French Fries. She wrote: “Happy Happy Birthday my partner in french fry! Actually...YOU are a french fry! Okay Bye!!!”
Earlier on Sunday, Deepika posted a heartfelt note for her dad and wrote on Instagram: “Pappa, Your contribution to Badminton and Indian Sport is immeasurable! Thank You for your dedication, discipline, determination and years of hard work! We love you and are proud of you!Thank You for being you! #prakashpadukonebadmintonacademy #ppba #25years” She posted two pictures from Prakash’s playing days.
Deepika recently announced her next project – a Hindi remake of Hollywood romantic comedy, The Intern, in which Rishi Kapoor will be her co-star. Her last release was Chhapaak, the Meghna Gulzar directorial which is inspired from the life of Delhi’s acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal. The film was mired in controversy after Deepika visited JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University) campus ahead of the film’s release to show her solidarity with the agitating students. A fallout of it was that the IMDb rating of the film took a hit with people downvoting the film in large numbers.
In a video shared on Twitter by a fan club, Deepika is seen giving out a clear message to her detractors. “Unhone meri IMDb rating badli hai, mera mann nahi (They have changed my IMDb rating, not my mind).” The video is from last month.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.