Deepika Padukone retaliates with Ranveer Singh’s ‘Cleopatra’ pic after he shares her Gully Boy rap video
Ranveer Singh shared an unseen side of his wife and actor Deepika Padukone on Valentine’s Day. The Gully Boy actor shared a throwback video of Deepika rapping his song ‘Apna Time Aayega’ while sitting in a restaurant.
Ranveer shared the video on Instagram with the caption, “Ohh I think I found myself a cheerleader! #apnatimeaayega #throwback @deepikapadukone.” Wearing a knitted white sweater with her middle-parted hair neatly combed at the back, Deepika begins the song once Ranveer gives her the cue with the countdown 3...2...1. She confidently sings, “Apna Time Aayega, Tu Nanga Hi To Aaya Hai, Kya Ghanta Le Kar Jayega”.
A surprised Deepika reacted to the post, “Oh Noooo! #mess.” But it was too late to regret as the video got more than 3,83,000 ‘likes’ within a few minutes. Actor Zareen Khan commented to the video, "So cute”. A fan wrote, “You ppl are goals! So cutee.” Another called it, “best video on internet today.” One more fan wrote, “Hahaha cute south indian accent of hers.”
Deepika also shared a candid picture of Ranveer wearing a beauty mask. She wrote in caption, “In other news,Cleopatra is very busy as you can see... @ranveersingh.” Ranveer reacted to it, saying, “Meri nikhri twacha ka raaz toh ... tum ho!”
Deepika and Ranveer returned from their beach vacation in the early hours of Friday and were spotted in a jolly mood at the Mumbai airport. Ranveer left for Assam soon after where he is set to attend the Filmfare Awards.
Deepika has been sharing ‘his and her’ photos from their vacation. She began the series by sharing a picture of two passports which were followed by two pairs of slippers, two umbrellas, two cycles, two plates of watermelon and two pairs of scuba diving kits.
Ranveer was last seen as aspiring rapper named Murad in Gully Boy. The film was India’s official entry to the Oscars but failed to make to the final list. Deepika saw her latest release, Chhapaak, last month in which she played an acid-attack survivor. The two will now be seen together for the fourth time in Kabir Khan’s 83.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Amrita Rao has said that she wasn't prepared to handle many new mother problems as parents forget to tell their children many things by the time they become grandparents.
- Spotted outside a food joint in Mumbai, Deepika Padukone was seen struggling when a woman tried to pull her purse in an attempt to sell tissues.
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.