Don't need six pack abs to be a good actor: Akshay Khanna
Actor Akshay Khanna says he is not a fitness freak and doesn't understand Bollywood's obsession with six pack abs.
Khanna, who has spent more than a decade in the industry, insists having a perfect physique might make for a good appearance on-screen but not for a good actor.
"I don't think to prove yourself as an actor you have to be a fitness freak or have six pack abs... Looks are important when on screen but they are not the priority. I have known people who might not look very good but are fantastic actors.
"Appearance does help to an extent but at the end it is only acting that matters. The audience today is smart, they know what they want and if an actor is not able to do justice to the character and portray it convincingly it won't be appreciated by the audience," Khanna told PTI.
The 36-year-old, who is returning to the big screen after a long gap with "Gali Gali Mein Chor Hai", is also famous for his aloof nature but Khanna says he enjoys his privacy too much to care for the limelight.
"I am not the kind of person who likes to stay in constant limelight... I like my own space and enjoy my privacy. Some people get a high out of it (limelight) but I don't.
"I like to do my work and go back home. If not being in news affects my career then I don't mind... I will give up happily but I cannot change myself and by God's grace it hasn't affected my work for so many years."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Women’s Day Special | Ekta Kapoor, Guneet Monga and Tahira Kashyap Khurrana: We just want to create better opportunities for women
Bobby Deol: Have never given importance to awards, my father’s been a legend, didn’t get a single Best Actor award
Anupria Goenka: There are many stereotypes attached to women even today in our workplace, pay disparity being one
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba on Sunday shared a cute and never-seen-before picture of Taimur Ali Khan. See it here.
- Alia Bhatt is already in birthday spirits. She took to Instagram and revealed she has received a bunch of gifts from director Shashank Khaitan.
- Taapsee Pannu was recently in the news for the I-T raids carried out at her property in Mumbai. The actor has now revealed how her family had reacted to the searches.
- On International Women's Day, Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter to share pictures with the favourite women in her life. She also said how everyday was 'Women's Day'.
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan dropped a new picture with a friend and upped her glamour game. She is currently in New York.