Fan asks Shah Rukh Khan what is the rent for a room in Mannat, gets humble response
Shah Rukh Khan was at his candid best during an Ask Me Anything session on Twitter. From his IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders to life advice, fans asked the star about a number of things. One Twitter user wanted to know how much it would cost to rent a room in his bungalow Mannat.
The Twitter user, who goes by the handle @iStormbreaker_, asked, “Sir mannat pe ek room rent pe chahiye , kitne ka padega? (Sir, I want to rent a room in Mannat. How much will it cost?) #AskSRK @iamsrk.” “30 saal ki mehnat mein padega (It will take 30 years of hard work),” Shah Rukh replied.
Mannat is Shah Rukh’s sea-facing bungalow in the posh Bandra area of Mumbai and is estimated to be worth approximately Rs 200 crore. In an earlier interview with Radio Mirchi, he revealed that it was the most expensive thing he owned.
ALSO WATCH | Shah Rukh Khan greets fans outside Mannat on his birthday, AbRam joins
“Main na Delhi se hoon aur mere paas kabhi ghar nahi tha. Mere maa-baap chal base, toh mujhe ghar ka bada fetish tha, ki mere paas ek bada sa ghar ho. Hum Dilliwale hai, toh humare liye kothi ek normal concept hai. Mumbai mein apartments ka concept hai but Delhi ke andar even if you are not very well to do, sabke paas chhoti-chhoti kothiyaan hoti hai (I am from Delhi and I never owned a house. My parents had passed away, and I really aspired to own a large house of my own. We are Delhiites, and for us, bungalows are the norm. In Mumbai, the concept is to live in apartments, but in Delhi, even if one is not very well off, they still own a small bungalow),” he said.
Shah Rukh revealed that when he first came to Mumbai with his wife Gauri Khan, they lived in a very small apartment, and his mother-in-law would often remark that it was a rather small house. “I had this desire to buy a house. Not for any extravagance but mujhe aisa laga ki Mannat normal si kothi hai, main khareed leta hoon (I felt like Mannat was like a normal bungalow, so I should buy it),” he said, adding that he did not spend too much otherwise, on material things.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.
- Gauahar Khan has shared a video of her father, recalling the 'most favourite memory' of her life. The actor's father died on Friday.
- Actor and politician Nafisa Ali has shared some glorious pictures from her youth. Needless to say, she looks beautiful in them. Check them out here.
- Janhvi Kapoor rang in her birthday on Saturday. On the occasion, the actor's sister Khushi took to Instagram and shared a video of a little Janhvi dancing in the house.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui has commented after his wife, Aaliya, halted divorce proceedings against him. The couple has said that their priority is their children.