Forget Kedarnath and Simmba, Saif Ali Khan and daughter Sara may now work together
Sara Ali Khan is still to make a debut but news about her two big films keep coming in -- Abhishek Kapoor’s Kedarnath in which she will be seen with Sushant Singh Rajput, and Simmba with Ranveer Singh. But now, if reports are to be believed, Sara may star with her father and actor Saif Ali Khan.
According to a DNA report, Sara might be doing a film with Saif soon. The report says that Saif has a number of projects that he is considering and one of them is a film with Nitin Kakkar, known for Filmistaan. Confirming the development, he said, “Nitin and I have been in talks for a film, but it’s in the early stages. We haven’t finalised it yet. The script is good.”
The film is supposed to be a slice-of-life relationship drama between a father and a daughter. Quoting a source, the report said that there are comic and poignant moments between the two of them. The film will have a message too. Nitin was keen on Sara as the daughter. “Nitin has also approached Sara Ali Khan for the role of the daughter. This will probably be Saif and Sara’s first film together. Both of them have liked the story and have verbally given their nod.”
Saif is the talk of the town, thanks to the Netflix series Sacred Games. As Sartaj Singh, Saif is being praised for his take. After the failure of his last few films Chef, Rustom and Kaalakaandi, Sacred Games would certainly have come as a big relief.
Sara, meanwhile, remains a popular face in Bollywood even before any film of hers has released. However, looks like she has been approached for another film, a sequel of Hindi Medium. Saif is also taking a keen interest in his daughter’s career and is said to have been instrumental in getting her many projects, including Simmba.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.
- Mumbai Saga trailer has John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi locking horns with Mumbai streets as the arena. Watch the trailer here.
- Pulkit Samrat shared a funny picture of himself and his beauty regimen and credited girlfriend Kriti Kharbanda for it. See her response here.