Happy birthday Uday Chopra: Decoding him one tweet, Instagram post at a time
We know quite a lot about Uday Chopra — he is the younger son and the brother of celebrated filmmakers late Yash Chopra and Aditiya Chopra, he’s starred in a few of his home productions including the Dhoom series, for which he is best known, and he’s dated actor Nargis Fakhri for a while. But do you know enough? Why should you care even if you didn’t? Because the actor turns 44 today. Also because there is a lot more to him than a series of flop films.
We scanned the Twitter and Instagram accounts of the younger Chopra to find out more about him. And he didn’t disappoint. A few minutes on his page and you’d know that being born in an illustrious family isn’t always a blessing. At times it brings ghosts along — disguised as comparisons, expectations, pressure, public scrutiny — ghosts you weren’t prepared for, ghosts that never leave you.
A non-believer and a fitness enthusiast, Uday has the whims, doubts and humour of an adolescent. And just like teenagers, he posts on social media too frequently and without care. Refreshingly and quite unlike other star-sons, he doesn’t want to impress. He tweets about everything and nothing at all — his love for caffeine, Game of Thrones and Apple products, he tries to talk with British accent, he cracks awfully bad jokes, questions the existence of God, and the feeling of being stuck — all of which we know only too well.
So here’s more about this guy next door, who is trapped in an ivory tower.
Everyday observations and worries
Being curious or British or whatever
Bad jokes, anyone?
Love for zombies
Fond of a good vocabulary
The existential quest
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.
- Gauahar Khan has shared a video of her father, recalling the 'most favourite memory' of her life. The actor's father died on Friday.
- Actor and politician Nafisa Ali has shared some glorious pictures from her youth. Needless to say, she looks beautiful in them. Check them out here.
- Janhvi Kapoor rang in her birthday on Saturday. On the occasion, the actor's sister Khushi took to Instagram and shared a video of a little Janhvi dancing in the house.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui has commented after his wife, Aaliya, halted divorce proceedings against him. The couple has said that their priority is their children.