Kangana Ranaut on Zaira Wasim’s decision to quit films: ‘Religion should empower you, make you confident, independent’
Kangana was interacting with the media at the launch of the song Wakhra Swag from her forthcoming film, JudgeMentall Hai Kya here on Sunday. Her co-star Rajkummar Rao, producer Ekta Kapoor, writer Kanika Dhillon, choreographer Bosco Martis and director Prakash Kovelamudi were also present at the event.
Zaira took to the social media to announce her “disassociation from the field of acting” as it “consistently interfered with her imaan, and her relationship with her religion was threatened”.
Asked about her views on the Kashmiri actress’ decision to quit art because of her religion, Kangana said: “I think any religion should empower you and it should make you independent and confident. It should make your life fulfilling and if you think that your life is already fulfilling, then there is plenty of work to do around you.
Watch | Kangana Ranaut argues with journalist during Judgemental Hai Kya promotions
“People should try and help their family and friends. There are so many things to do, so we should try and fulfil the environment around us. Essentially, the fundamental requirement of any religion is to empower and not to disempower you.”
About her film JudgeMentall Hai Kya, she said: “I think we have made this film very sensibly without compromising on the art quotient, so I think people who cry about being an artiste and being insensitive are just people who do not know how to handle their craft. I feel you can be considerate yet you can give artistically sophisticated films.”
The movie is releasing on July 26.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Richa Chadha has shared a song featuring Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan to express her sorrow on paying a huge price for getting her fuel tank filled.
- Malaika Arora has shared a throwback picture from one of her old photoshoots which had her running barefoot in between two fields.
- It has been 10 years since Kangana Ranaut and R Madhavan-starrer Tanu Weds Manu released on the big screen. On the occasion, director Aanand L Rai penned a note of gratitude, thanking fans for his "Woh Tanu weds Manu wala Aanand Rai" identity.
- Janhvi Kapoor was seen at the Mumbai airport late Wednesday in an all denim look but it was her mobile cover that stole attention.
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan has shared a picture from her time in the kitchen in New York along with a boomerang video to prove how she is the best at it.
- Ishaan Khatter shared a throwback picture from their childhood to post a 'happy birthday' message for his half-brother, Shahid Kapoor.
- Alia Bhatt did a 'Gangubai Kathiawadi' style namaste to the paparazzi while greeting them during director Sanjay Leela Bhansali's birthday celebrations.
- On Divya Bharti's birth anniversary, here's revisiting an episode from her life when she married producer Sajid Nadiadwala and managed to keep it a secret from her father, who was opposed to the match.