Kareena sends best wishes to Abhishek for Dhoom: 3
Back in the year 2000, two fresh new faces were launched in Bollywood amidst much fanfare. Kareena Kapoor Khan and Abhishek Bachchan — both from extremely influential Bollywood families — made their debut in Refugee that year and since then the two have conquered new heights of success. However, due to a personal reason — Abhishek was engaged to Kareena’s sister Karisma Kapoor, but the engagement didn’t work out — the two weren’t seen together on the big screen again. However, we’ve now been informed that Kareena wished Abhishek good luck prior to the release of his latest film, Dhoom:3, which hit the screens on Friday (December 20).
“Kareena and Abhishek were supposed to attend an art exhibition together, but Abhishek couldn’t make it because of his schedule and since he was in the middle of shooting for Happy New Year. However, he conveyed his apologies to Kareena for not having been able to attend,” says a source close to the actor.
Kareena, in her reply to the message, promptly sent good wishes to Abhishek ahead of his newest film’s release. “Kareena has always kept in touch with Abhishek and they share a special bond because they made their debut together. She wished him the best of luck for his film as she loved him in the promos. She genuinely feels that he will be great in it,” adds the source.
In September, in her Big Interview with HT Café, Kareena had expressed the desire to team up “with Abhishek again”. She had said, “I really want to work with Abhishek again. I gave the first shot of my career with him when we were shooting for Refugee in Bhuj. I have no idea why nobody has approached us for another movie together.”
Ask Abhishek about this recent interaction between the two and he says, “As an actor, I love her work. I think she is very talented. Kareena has been special to me as she was my first co- star. I’m grateful for her for having said that (wishing him good luck).”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.