Khushi Kapoor may make her debut in 2019, announces Karan Johar on No Filter Neha
Filmmaker Karan Johar was called the ‘flag-bearer of nepotism’ by actor Kangana Ranaut on his chat show Koffee With Karan. The filmmaker launched Sridevi’s daughter Janhvi Kapoor, Shahid Kapoor’s half brother Ishaan Khatter and produced Simbaa, Saif Ali Khan’s daughter Sara’s second film of the year.
Karan, who is now equally known for his fashion choices as much as for his films, dropped a bomb on Neha Dhupia’s chat show No Filter Neha. On being asked about star kids who will make their debut in 2019, the filmmaker named Javed Jaffrey’s son Mizaan and Boney Kapoor’s daughter Janhvi Kapoor. Talking about the two, he said, “Mizaan is going to be amazing, he is a potential big star and a great dancer. And Khushi perhaps, she is gorgeous and lovely.”
According to some reports, Mizaan is set to be launched by none other than Padmaavat director Sanjay Leela Bhansali, who has signed him for his next project. However, what Khushi Kapoor is up to is yet unknown. The daughter of Boney and late Sridevi is known for her fashionable appearances and is quite popular on the social media. While Janhvi made her Bollywood debut with Dhadak this year, there is no confirmation yet about Khushi’s future plans.
Karan had earlier launched Varun Dhawan, Sidharth Malhotra and Alia Bhatt in the 2012 film Student of the Year. He is now set to launch Chunky Pandey’s daughter Ananya Pandey in the film’s sequel. Karan also considers himself as Alia’s godfather and recently got emotional on watching her performance. On being asked about the last time he cried, he said, “I won’t disclose what it is but she has done something in the film. You know when I see Alia, I get that feeling like I’m seeing my daughter perform. And because I have that emotion for her I just started crying in the end for some weird reason. I’m going through something internally which I’m not aware of and I just got very teary. And I rang her up and said her I got very emotional, well done.”
Alia is also starring in his next big project titled Takht. The film is a big budget multi-starrer also featuring Ranveer Singh, Vicky Kaushal, Kareena Kapoor, Bhumi Pednekar, Janhvi and Anil Kapoor. Talking about the film, he said, “Takht is hugely, most passionate piece of material that I will ever direct. I am obsessed with the Mughal era. That’s the one part of history I was obsessed with in terms of its visual texture, content, controversial content, the political betrayal, the love, the lust madness, the violence. That era is exotic and absolutely beautiful. It is the film I always chased and wanted to put on screen. I can’t wait for the world to see.” He added that he will stop doing everything else when the film goes on the floors in August or September next year.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan dropped a new picture with a friend and upped her glamour game. She is currently in New York.
- Actor Vidya Balan has said that it has taken her time to accept her body because, at one point in her life, she used to hate it.
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.