Mahie Gill reveals she has a 3-year-old daughter: ‘I haven’t married yet. I will get married when I want to’
Bollywood actor Mahie Gill, who is best known for her role in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster films and Anurag Kashyap’s Dev D, has revealed that she gave birth to a girl three years ago and is a proud, single mother to the young girl who turns three in August.
Speaking with Navbharat Times in an interview, Mahie said that no one ever asked her and therefore she did not tell anyone that she is a single mom to a young girl. “Now that you have asked me, let me tell you. I am a mother to a young girl who turns three this August. Yes, I haven’t married yet. I will get married when I want to.”
Asked if she plans to get married, Mahie told the Hindi daily, “Why do I need to get married? I am happy like this (single) and I think one can stay happily unmarried. One can have a family and kids even without a marriage. I do not think we need marriage for kids and a family. Marriage is a beautiful thing but whether or not to go for it, is a personal choice.”
She also said she is not exactly single as she has found the man she loves. “Love is very important for me. I need someone who loves me, trusts me and gives me freedom. I have found such a man for myself. My boyfriend lives in Goa and that is why I often visit Goa. We are in a live-in relationship and we may get married later. My daughter’s name is Veronica and my aunt takes care of her. She lives with me in Mumbai.”
Actor Neena Gupta was the first woman in Bollywood to have proudly gave birth to her daughter, Masaba Gupta, out of wedlock and brought her up on her own.
Mahie is currently awaiting the release of Family of Thakurganj.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.