Namrata Shirodkar to troll asking her if she is depressed: ‘You should follow someone who is always made up’
Former beauty queen Namrata Shirodkar didn’t take a social media user’s “depression” comment lightly. The former actress, who fearlessly sports a no make-up look most of the time, slammed the troll in style.
The Pukar actor is in a mood to celebrate as her husband and actor Mahesh Babu’s latest film Maharshi is winning hearts. On Friday, she posted a series of photographs featuring her, Mahesh and her sister Shilpa, among others, on Instagram.
In the comments section, one user asked why she doesn’t put some make-up on and is she suffering from depression. Namrata replied to him saying: “You might love women with make-up. Maybe you should follow someone who is always made up and suits your criteria! You are not going to find it on this page!! So maybe you should get off it... sincere request.”
Namrata recently spoke in support of Sonali Bendre after her battle with cancer. Speaking to Deccan Chronicle, Namrata said that Sonali is a brave girl and appreciated her undying spirit. “She is a strong girl. She looks amazingly fit and ready to get back to normal life. I had such a lovely time with her. We discussed so many things. She told me the entire story of her illness and what gives her the strength, and I told her that she’s always in my prayers.” Namrata added that the two of them shared a deep bond and that they were “typically Maharashtrian in so many ways” and that they “laughed about some shared recollections of the past”.
Meanwhile, Mahesh called the Telugu action drama Maharshi, his 25th film, special because it is unlike any movie he has done in his career so far.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.
- Alia Bhatt is ready for summer and her latest Instagram post is a proof of it. Alia was seen soaking up the sun, leaving Katrina Kaif impressed.
- Akshay Kumar shares a picture from the script-reading session of Ram Setu with Jacqueline Fernandez and Nushrratt Baruccha.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, who recently welcomed her second child with husband Saif Ali Khan, reciprocated the love that was showered on her by his sister, Saba.
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.