Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas’ moms dancing to 3 Peg at the roka are all Punjabi moms ever. Watch
If this video does not remind you of your mom and aunts dancing at any random Punjabi wedding, we don’t know what would. American singer Nick Jonas and Bollywood actor Priyanka Chopra recently got engaged at a traditional Hindu roka ceremony and it looks like it was followed by a traditional Punjabi dance party.
In a new video posted by the singer’s mother Denise Jonas on Instagram, she is seen taking over the dance floor with Priyanka’s mother, Madhu Chopra. “Thank you @madhumalati for being patient with my lack of dance skills! I miss you. #engagementparty,” she captioned the video in which the two are seen dancing to Sherry Mann’s hit Punjabi number 3 Peg. Earlier, Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra’s dance video from their engagement party had found its way to internet.
Denise in seen in her pretty baby blue kurta from the engagement ceremony while Madhu is seen in her beautiful pink saree. Both the ladies flash big smiles, groove to the peppy beat and at one point, Madhu points at Denise and calls her ‘Munde Di Maa (Mother of the Groom).’
Nick arrived in Mumbai on August 17 with his mother and father. They went out for dinner with Priyanka’s family on the night before the engagement and partied the night away after the ceremony. The following day, both the families paid a visit to an orphanage in Mumbai.
Talking about Nick, Priyanka’s mother Madhu Chopra later told DNA, “Nick enjoyed the prayers during the puja. It was a new thing for him and he took it seriously. He followed what our panditji said, and chanted the Sanskrit mantras accurately. Both he and his parents did it beautifully. They are nice people.”
“I told [Priyanka] that I want to meet Nick’s family,” Madhu Chopra said, adding, “They are nice people.” Priyanka and Nick were seen together in Los Angeles on Monday as Priyanka returned to the US after finishing her commitments in India. They are expected to attend a wedding together in Italy later, according to reports.
Nick and Priyanka met at the 2017 Met Gala where they both represented Ralph Lauren. The two were spotted together on dinners and dates from May 2018 and less than three months later, they announced their engagement.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.