Priyanka Chopra pays tribute to victims of September 11 attacks: ‘Never forget’
Priyanka Chopra took to Instagram Stories to pay tribute to the victims of September 11, 2001’s twin towers attacks in New York, US. Priyanka is married to American singer Nick Jonas and stays in Los Angeles.
Sharing a graphic of the World Trade Centre towers, she wrote: “9/11 Never forget” The picture shows the buildings, towering over the New York skyline in black against a pink background.
Priyanka is very much clued into US politics too. When California senator Kamala Harris was picked to be the running mate of US Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, an elated Priyanka wrote: “This is a historical, transformational, and proud moment for all women. All women of colour, all Black women, and all South Asian women. Congratulations @kamalaharris on becoming the first Black woman and FIRST PERSON of Indian descent to compete on a major U.S. party’s presidential ticket. #representationmatters PS: To my younger self - look how far we have come!”
On the Indian independence, she wrote a long post on the contribution of women in India’s freedom struggle. She wrote: “History is made when women take strides towards change. #Happy74thIndependenceDay #womeninhistory #changemakers”
Priyanka, who had stayed home for the last six months through the coronavirus pandemic, has started going out. Some time back she shared a picture from her visit to Mammoth Lakes in California. She had also visited her office and shared pictures from there. In all these months, she has also stayed engaged with her fans, sharing bits about her life in California, looking back at her 20 year long career and sharing fashion trivia. On Friday, she gave a peek into her new look and wrote: “New hair, don’t care.”
Last December, Priyanka wrapped up shooting for The White Tiger, a Netflix film based on the Pulitzer-winning book by writer Aravind Adiga. The film also stars Rajkummar Rao and has been directed by Ramin Bahrani. She is also rumoured to be starring in Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves. She also has two shows lined up with Amazon Prime--Citadel and Sangeet.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.