Priyanka Chopra’s Met Gala outfit perfectly matched the theme but Twitter can’t help making hilarious memes
Actor Priyanka Chopra showed the world once again that she doesn’t take red carpets lightly. She turned up to the 2019 Met Gala, hosted by the Metropolitan Museum of Arts in New York, looking fly as ever. Her curly hair and stunning silver dress made it to several publications’ lists of best dressed celebs at the Met Gala but people back home are having none of it.
People took to Twitter and Instagram to share memes and jokes at Priyanka’s expense, rechristening her ‘Priyanka Ghosla’ and comparing her to Lasith Malinga. “Farmers have found a new SCAREcrow,” wrote one Twitter user. “What’s Missandei doing here with Petyr Baelish?,” commented another on a picture of Priyanka with her husband Nick Jonas. Others thought she looked like she has just been electrocuted or had a really harsh bike ride. “Why does Priyanka Chopra look like Viru Sahastrabudhhe?,” read one tweet.
Check out a few more:
Just so you know, the Met Gala has always been a grand fashion event where celebs could show off their quirkiest side. This year’s theme let them enjoy even greater freedom when it came to selecting their outfits for the night. The theme was Camp: Notes in Fashion, inspired by a seminal 1964 essay by Susan Sontag in which she describes the phenomenon as something that shall not be talked about: “To talk about Camp is therefore to betray it”. In simpler words, it’s all about being a little extra, a little over the top. “Camp is by nature subversive, confronting and challenging the status quo,” the Costume Institute’s head curator Andrew Bolton said Monday at a press event about the exhibition before the gala.
Not just Priyanka, several other celebs were also ‘meme-d’ online. Lady Gaga’s four outfit changes earned a few laughs, as did Jared Leto’s fake severed head and Katy Perry’s chandelier outfit. Check them out:
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.
- Actor Maanvi Gagroo, who has appeared in Four More Shots Please! and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, complained to an OTT platform after its name was used as bait by someone who told her she had to 'compromise' for a role.
- Shahid Kapoor's wife, Mira Rajput, has shared new posts from their Goa vacation. Check them out.
- Sushmita Sen's daughter Renee said that she never felt the need to know about her biological parents. She also expressed her desire to adopt children someday.
- Imran Khan's estranged wife, Avantika Malik, has shared a cryptic note about finding comfort on the 'darkest, quietest nights'.