Rajpal Yadav recalls signing 16 films in 1 month, says he wants to work with Varun Dhawan’s future child
Actor Rajpal Yadav has been an industry fixture for several years, and has experienced all the ups and downs that Bollywood has to offer, but he’s confident about his future. In an interview, he joked that he’d told his Coolie No 1 co-star Varun Dhawan that he will also work with his future child.
Rajpal recalled watching Varun grow up before his eyes, as he has been working with Varun’s father, director David Dhawan, for a number of years. He said that after the success of his film Jungle, he had the good fortune of signing 16 films in one month.
When David offered him a one-scene role in the 2002 film Chor Machaye Shor, he was expecting Rajpal to be hesitant about taking on the part. But because the scene was with Amitabh Bachchan, Rajpal said that he would’ve done even a one-line role.
He recalled this story in an interview to Bollywood Hungama, where he was promoting his new film with David and Varun, Coolie No 1. Praising Varun, he said that the actor has established himself in the industry on the strength of his work. “We’ve all seen Varun’s mischievous side,” he said in Hindi, “He’s a boy who’s paid respect to the family he comes from with his work.”
Rajpal said that Varun once told him that he sometimes forgets that Rajpal is such a senior actor in the industry. Rajpal joked to him, “I will work with your son also, and remain just as I am.”
Coolie No 1 is a remake of David’s 1995 film, which starred Govinda and Karisma Kapoor in the lead roles. The new film marks the father-son pair’s third project together, and also stars Sara Ali Khan and Paresh Rawal.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor was seen at the Mumbai airport late Wednesday in an all denim look but it was her mobile cover that stole attention.
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan has shared a picture from her time in the kitchen in New York along with a boomerang video to prove how she is the best at it.
- Ishaan Khatter shared a throwback picture from their childhood to post a 'happy birthday' message for his half-brother, Shahid Kapoor.
- Alia Bhatt did a 'Gangubai Kathiawadi' style namaste to the paparazzi while greeting them during director Sanjay Leela Bhansali's birthday celebrations.
- On Divya Bharti's birth anniversary, here's revisiting an episode from her life when she married producer Sajid Nadiadwala and managed to keep it a secret from her father, who was opposed to the match.
- Shahid Kapoor said that he was with Mira Rajput in the labour room when she was giving birth to their daughter Misha. Mira 'whacked' Shahid when he got dizzy at one point.
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.