Riteish Deshmukh supports Rhea Chakraborty as she complains against neighbour for ‘false claims’: ‘More power to you’
Actor Riteish Deshmukh has come out in the support of Rhea Chakraborty as she submitted a complaint to the Central Bureau of Investigation to take action against her neighbour for giving misleading statement in Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case. The case is being probed by the CBI. The neighbour had claimed that Sushant had gone to drop Chakraborty at her home on June 13.
“More power to you @Tweet2Rhea - Nothing is more powerful than TRUTH,” Riteish wrote. Rhea had earlier received support for many people in the film industry after she was sent to jail in a drugs case linked to Sushant’s death. Rhea was given bail last week after spending a month in Byculla jail. Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead at his Mumbai flat on June 14.
“I say that I was interrogated for more than 5 days by the C.B.I. in connection with the death of Sushant Singh Ra’put. During the investigation several media channels corned false and bogus stories without any material to substantiate these patently false and fabricated claims in order to achieve their own ends,” Rhea said in her complaint.
She said in her complaint that her neighbour Dimple Thawani ‘made patently false and bogus allegations’ while knowing them to be false, ‘to mislead the investigation’. “The allegation was that the late Sushant Singh Rajput had dropped me to my residence in his car on the 13th of June 2020, which is utterly false. I say that the said conduct makes out a prima facie case punishable under Sections 203 and 211 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 and/or an attempt to commit an offence under Sections 203 and 211 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860, one of which is punishable with imprisonment for a minimum of 7 years. The said offences are serious and the allegations were made on Republic TV channel without any basis,” she added.
CBI has said that it is looking in all aspects of Sushant Singh Rajput’s case even as the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) medical board set-up to look into the case has reportedly “ruled out murder”. The case was initially being investigated by the Mumbai Police. However, on the complaint of Rajput’s father, the Bihar police had registered a case of abetment of suicide, criminal conspiracy, cheating, theft, wrongful restraint and confinement and named Chakraborty and her family as accused. The case was later transferred to the CBI.
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.