Saif Ali Khan reveals if he’d be comfortable doing intimate scenes in post-Covid age: ‘Relatively a one-to-one is safer ’
Actor Saif Ali Khan has said that given the threats posed by the coronavirus, doing an intimate one-on-one scene is a relatively more secure scenario. The actor said in an interview that he hopes for things to get back to normal soon.
He admitted that there is still a fear to go out for work, but said that in the future, he hopes more people are asymptomatic so that people are able to step out in a more relaxed manner.
Asked if he’d be comfortable doing intimate scenes, Saif told Bollywood Hungama, “Well, yes sure… relatively a one-to-one is safer of course you think ten times before doing it than a crowded song-and-dance sequence with 500 chorus dancers. Right now, things are scary. But we’ve to keep pushing along in the given scenario.”
Saif had expressed his opinions about kissing on camera in a 2013 interview to journalist Anupama Chopra. “I would not like to kiss onscreen because I think it’s not required. It’s not done well enough. And there are few times onscreen that a kiss is warranted and when it is, it should be done in a way that it means everything. But our culture is about not kissing in public,” the actor had said. “We don’t show affection in public. You’re not meant to be kissing in the car. It’s illegal apparently. Policewaalas will come knock on the glass, right? So I think culturally, it doesn’t work. And there’s no need for it.”
Saif, who was seen this year in Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior and Jawaani Jaaneman, has made a comeback of sorts to more mainstream entertainment. The actor will soon appear in the Amazon Prime series Tandav, and has signed on to appear in his Tanhaji director Om Raut’s upcoming period drama Adipurush.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.