Salman, Katrina and more: The Bollywood wedding diary for 2016
2016 is a year of celebrations for these star couples who have the social media abuzz with reports of their wedding.From Salman Khan’s never-ending bachelorhood to Katrina Kaif’s latest relationship, several stars have sparked rumours that they will tie the knot this year.
Here are five top celebs whose romantic affairs have kept their fans wondering when will they get hitched. And with the new year, social media is abuzz with their rumoured ‘marriage plans’.
Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif
While actors Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif continue to deny reports of their wedding anytime soon, their family rendezvous and outings suggest otherwise. Katrina skipped her annual trip to London during Christmas this time so that she could celebrate the festival with Ranbir’s family. The two even posed as a couple for the shutterbugs at the get together.
Salman Khan and Iulia Vantur
After the news of Salman Khan’s acquittal from his 2002 hit-and-run case broke out, it was reported that the actor may finally take the plunge this year with this girlfriend Iulia Vantur. “Every time his parents raised the question of his marriage, Salman would turn around to say, ‘What would I tell my wife if the court cases go against me? Now that the verdict is out in his favour, the coast is clear for his marriage,” a source was quoted as saying.
Asin and Rahul Sharma
Actor Asin is all set to marry entrepreneur Rahul Sharma this month. The wedding will take place in Delhi, followed by a reception in Mumbai. The couple has selected gold cards for the ‘save the date’ cards for their reception.
Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande
Actor Sushant Singh Rajput will be getting married to long-time girlfriend, actor Ankita Lokhande this year and the wedding may take place in Jodhpur. “My family is very chilled out. They will be fine even if I decide to have a court marriage. Ankita wants to get married in a palace in Jodhpur, and I am fine with that,” the actor was quoted as saying.
Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech
Cricketer Yuvraj Singh got engaged to actor Hazel Keech in November last year, and the two plan to get married in February. The couple got engaged in Bali and later posted a picture on Twitter. “Yes I am engaged cause i found a friend for life in @hazelkeech as mom says a reflection of her (sic),” Yuvraj posted after the engagement.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.