Salman Khan’s Loveratri is LoveYatri now. See new poster here
Salman Khan’s latest production, Loveratri starring brother-in-law Aayush Sharma and newcomer Warina Hussain, is now LoveYatri. Yes, you read it right. Days before the release of the film, the makers have decided on a name change.
Taking to social media, Salman on Tuesday, wrote: “This is not a spelling mistake... #loveyatri #lovetakesover...@SKFilmsOfficial @aaysharma @Warina_Hussain @abhiraj21288 @TSeries.” He also shared a new poster of the film.
This has been done to avoid any trouble with the censor board of India and Karni Sena, the Rajput outfit which made life miserable for Sanjay Leela Bhansali, ahead of the release of his ambitious Padmaavat late last year and early this year.
Sources close to the development said, “Taking into consideration the concerns from the censor board and sensitivity of Karni Sena towards the title of the film, the makers decided to release the film as LoveYatri. Producer Salman Khan decided to opt for a change in title considering the safety and best interest of his audience.”
It may also be recalled that the Salman production has already been dragged to a court after a lawyer in Bihar filed a case against the makers. Later, a court in Muzaffarpur in Bihar directed the police to lodge an FIR against Salman and the cast and crew of the film on the basis of a complaint that the title and contents of the movie had hurt the Hindu sentiments.
Sub divisional judicial magistrate (East) Shailendra Rai directed the Mithanpura police station in the town to lodge an FIR, based on a complaint filed in the court by advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha. The petitioner claimed the title of the film is meant to make fun of the holy festival of Navaratri.
The film is set in Gujarat and deals with love blossoming during the annual Navratri festival. The film will introduce two new actors -- Aayush (who is married to Salman’s sister Arpita) and Warina, a new find.
The film has been written by Naren Bhatt and has been directed by Abhiraj Minawala. Its songs are already popular and the film is set to release on October 5.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.
- Sara Ali Khan is in Jaipur. While she hasn't mentioned the reason behind her visit, it appears that she is in the pink city for a wedding. Sara and Manish Malhotra shared many pictures from the venue.
- Yami Gautam had previously opened up about a prolonged neck injury that affected her routine life. The actor has now detailed in on a road accident that left her with the injury.
- Sisters Malaika Arora and Amrita Arora posted pictures of their mom to wish her on her birthday and close friend Karisma Kapoor was among the first ones to comment.
- Akshay Kumar presented the first poster of Ahan Shetty's debut film, Tadap. Ahan is the son of actor Suniel Shetty. The film also stars Tara Sutaria. See the poster here.
- John Abraham posed for a slightly different picture on Tuesday. He was seen posing with nothing but a pillow as he waited for his clothes on film sets.
- Anushka Sharma gave fans a look at the view of the sea from her Mumbai home. Anushka has been enjoying life as a new mother since welcoming daughter Vamika in January.
- Bipasha Basu has shared Bipapictures of herself and a funny video of her husband Karan Singh Grover from their Maldives vacation. Check them out here.
- Happy birthday Tiger Shroff: If you thought the Baaghi's star's features were hard to define and did not fit into the more desi definition of good looks, then you must read about his family background.