Sara Ali Khan says David Dhawan was angry at Varun Dhawan but ‘vented’ at her on Coolie No 1 set: ‘That was a bit of an issue, but it’s all good’
Actor Sara Ali Khan, who will next be seen opposite Varun Dhawan in the Coolie No 1 remake, has said that Varun is to blame for an incident on the film’s set, which saw director David Dhawan lose his cool at her. David also directed the original Coolie No 1, which starred Govinda in the lead role, opposite Karisma Kapoor.
At the recent virtual trailer launch event of the film, Sara said, “We were filming Main Toh Raste Se when David sir got upset with me and shouted at me because, although I was ready for my shot, I was supposed to tag something on my costume and that was taking time.”
She continued, “He (Varun) was doing some costume business in the van and David sir got pretty upset at him as it was delaying the shoot. So basically, he was angry at Varun but vented on me. That was a bit of an issue, but it is all good.”
Sara told PTI in an interview that she isn’t bothered about having less screen time in her films, because it is an honour to work with certain artists. “When you’re working with people like Ranveer and Varun, aapki aukat nahin hoti (you are not in a position) to make such comparisons. You’re just thankful that people like Rohit, David sir, Ranveer or Varun are working with you. You just don’t want to compare these things,” she said.
The new Coolie No 1 also stars Paresh Rawal, Rajpal Yadav, Johnny Lever. Sara was last seen in Imtiaz Ali’s Love Aaj Kal remake, and will soon be seen in Atrangi Re. Varun’s last film was Street Dancer 3D. Coolie No 1 is set to be released on Amazon Prime Video on December 25.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sara Ali Khan has shared a few adorable pictures with cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu (daughter of her aunt Soha Ali Khan) and the two have been called ‘cuteness queens’ by the internet.
- Ranveer Singh's sister Ritika Bhavnani celebrated her birthday on Saturday and the entire Bhavnani family came together to celebrate the occasion by stepping out for a family dinner.
- Actor Ameesha Patel took to her social media accounts on Saturday to seemingly address reports that she'd defrauded a businessman.
- Genelia D'Souza once teased sons Rahyl and Riaan about Riteish Deshmukh's 'new girlfriend'. She said that the boys got rather 'upset' with him over the joke.
Akshay Oberoi: Acting is not a sport or a game, you’re just competing with yourself and your last performance
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.