Shah Rukh Khan asked to choose between Martin Scorsese, Christopher Nolan; picks this Indian director instead
Ever since the box office debacle of Aanand L Rai’s Zero, Shah Rukh Khan has not announced his next film as an actor. Fans have been waiting with bated breath to see him again on the big screen and flooded him with questions about his next project during an ‘Ask SRK’ session on Twitter.
One Twitter user said that Shah Rukh must have read a lot of scripts since the release of Zero and requested him to sign a film or two. The actor replied that even if he did sign his next, the lockdown would not allow anyone to shoot. “Abe sign to kar doon...abhi shooting kaun karega (Even if I sign...who will shoot now?)!!” he wrote.
Shah Rukh’s name has been linked to a number of films, whether it is Rajkumar Hirani’s next or Atlee’s. One fan wanted to hear it straight from the horse’s mouth and asked who is directing his upcoming film. To this, Shah Rukh replied, “Is it alright if I can forward the scripts to you also. Don’t stress will do lots of films my man.”
Another fan, who claimed to be tired of rumours and trying to guess Shah Rukh’s next, was told, “Don’t tire yourself. It’s obvious I will do some films...it’s obvious they will be made..and it’s obvious you all will know.”
One Instagram user complained that while Aamir Khan has Laal Singh Chaddha in the pipeline, Salman Khan has Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai and Akshay Kumar has a number of films, Shah Rukh only has “bahane (excuses)”. To this, he said, “Yaar yehi pehle aap...pehle aap mein pista jaa raha hoon...kya karoon (Brother, because of this ‘First you, first you,’ I am getting stifled. What should I do?).”
Shah Rukh also gave a message to his fans who were anxiously waiting for the announcement of his next: “Sabr ka phal acchha hi hota hai...mostly (The fruit of patience is sweet...mostly).” Responding to a fan who requested him to pick a “mass action” entertainer as his next, Shah Rukh wrote, “Bhai social aur physical distancing mein...Mass ki baat mat bol please...will do everything don’t worry.”
Shah Rukh was also asked which director he would like to work with, out of Martin Scorsese and Christopher Nolan. “Wow both are awesome and I have met them...but Raju apna sa lagta hai...nahi (but Raju feels like one of our own...no)?” he wrote, possibly making a reference to Rajkumar Hirani, who is rumoured to be directing his next.
While Shah Rukh remained tight-lipped about his next acting venture, he has his hands full as a producer. Under his banner Red Chillies Entertainment, he is producing a Netflix original film titled Class of ‘83, starring Bobby Deol and Shriya Saran. He is also producing the Kahaani spin-off titled Bob Biswas, which will tell the origin story of the insurance agent moonlighting as a contract killer from the 2012 hit.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Pranutan: What can I do if people want to believe in masala stories about nepotism, and not the truth
Anil Kapoor: Earlier it was like test match, today it’s IPL, the field is exciting for everyone in showbiz
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.