Swara Bhaskar on break-up with Himanshu Sharma: ‘Nobody did anything wrong, nobody cheated on anyone’
Bollywood actor Swara Bhaskar has opened up about her breakup with writer Himanshu Sharma in July 2019. The two had met on sets of Raanjhana had been dating for almost five years before they decided to part ways last year.
Asked if her breakup was difficult to handle, Swara told Pinkvilla, “I think you just have to sort of deal with it. In our case, it was very unfortunate. I didn’t have or I still didn’t have a lot of anger that could have helped me deal with it. Nobody did anything bad, nobody did anything wrong, nobody cheated on anyone. It was not those typical things, it was unfortunate.”
Further explaining the reason for her breakup, Swara added, “I always think about it. Supposing you are walking down a park and that’s what relationships are - you have decided to undertake a journey together. You come to a point where there are only two ways to go, you can either go left or right and one person wants to go right and the other person wants to go left. Then one of them have to say ‘okay I will leave mine and come with you’. If neither person wants to leave their direction then you just have to say goodbye. and maybe agree that itna hi tha humara journey. We have to accept not just our choices but also the choices of other people. I guess that’s what growing up is about. I think I am very needy and open about my feelings with my family and friends. So I had a lot of support.”
When the news of her breakup came to light, reports claimed that she wanted to tie the knot while Himanshu was not ready for it. Talking about the institution of marriage, Swara had told IANS, “I believe in the institution of marriage. Really? Are you surprised that I don’t smoke, I don’t do drugs? I know people think I must be wild but I am very gharelu.”
She also told the entertainment website, “I think breakups are difficult for everyone. The end of anything that has been the most central aspect of your personal life and has been the most defining feature of your daily life and any relationship that you cherish, even if its a friend, it will be hurtful. Of course, if it’s a partner, it will be hard.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.