Taapsee Pannu on Rhea Chakraborty: ‘Every woman who is with relatively more successful man isn’t a gold digger’
Actor Taapsee Pannu is calling out the treatment meted out to actor Rhea Chakraborty online. Rhea was the girlfriend of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput and is accused of abetment to suicide by his family.
Rhea has also received hateful messages on social media and has been called a gold digger and an opportunist who was siphoning off Sushan’t money. Taapsee reacted strongly to harassment Rhea is being subjected to. She also tweeted about the sexism in calling women gold diggers.
“Every woman who is with a relatively more successful man is NOT a ‘gold digger’ and for the rest , truth and investigating agencies will do their job. One step at a time,” she wrote. Taapsee also retweeted a bunch of news clippings of how the Enforcement Directorate could not find any evidence that Rhea had been stealing Sushant’s money.
Also Watch | 4 days in jail for Rhea’s brother, Sushant’s house manager as NCB gets custody
Earlier, Taapsee had also slammed the media trial of Rhea. “I didn’t know Sushant on a personal level nor do I know Rhea but what I know is, it only takes to be a human to understand how wrong it is to overtake judiciary to convict someone who isn’t proven guilty. Trust the law of the land for your sanity and the deceased’s sanctity,” she had tweeted.
Other stars such as Lakshmi Manchu, Vidya Balan and Shibani Dandekar have also called out the unfair treatment. Shibani said in a long note on Instagram that she has known Rhea for 12 years and also talked about her being tagged a gold digger in an interview with India Today
“Of course, why wouldn’t people say that? Where is this money that she’s stolen? Please tell me. Where are these Rs 15 crores that she has stolen? Have we found it yet? I mean, you know, it’s just so easy to paint that picture, isn’t it? It’s so easy to date a high-profile person and then have people say that you are only dating them for that reason,” she said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.