Unseen pics from Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas’ dream wedding are now online. See them here
She came, she got married and she conquered. We are talking of Priyanka Chopra’s wedding to American singer Nick Jonas, which took place a little over a month back. Now, at the completion of one month since the two got married on December 1 and 2, Ralph Lauren has shared unseen pictures of Priyanka and Nick and also spoken about the process of making those exquisite clothes for the celebrity couple.
On December 1, while posting one set of pictures of Priyanka, he wrote: In an exclusive new article, #RLMag looks back on the story of timeless romance and style that culminated one month ago today at the wedding of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas-both wearing custom looks designed by Ralph Lauren.
“This isn’t about a dress,” the designer says. “It’s about a woman and a moment. Priyanka knows exactly who she is, and so I wanted the dress to reflect, not only her love story and the romance of India, but also her unique sensibility: strong, smart, and beautiful.”
The bio leads to the Ralph Lauren magazine which gives details of the dress: of how fifteen artisans in Mumbai hand embroidered the coat, using a variety of embroidery techniques. It detailed how 32,000 sequins, 5600 seed beads and 11,673 Swarovski crystals were used.
It also mentions how Priyanka had requested for some words to be woven in--while in the past, we knew the words like ‘Family’, ‘Compassion’ and ‘Love’ and her husband’s name ‘Nicholas Jerry Jonas’ had been woven into the fabric, we also know that Hindu phrase ‘Om Namaha Shivay’ was also woven in.
The Instagram posts had many more pictures — on Nick’s ensemble, on her mother’s clothes, of how Priyanka had as many of four dress fitting sessions (in New York, Paris, Mumbai and finally in Jodhpur) among other details of the dress.
Meanwhile, Priyanka and Nick have been painting the town red with their post wedding revelry—be it their many wedding receptions in India, their Christmas lunches and dinners in England with Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas and other family members or now, in Switzerland as they welcomed the new year.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.