Varun Sharma praises Delhi’s welcoming ways: No one can show love like Delhiites
Actor Varun Sharma, who is all set to appear in the sequel to his 2013 hit film Fukrey, recently visited Delhi University’s Shri Ram College Of Commerce (SRCC). He says that the interaction with the students was amazing, and something that can give any actor a high.
“As you enter the venue, the hoots, the cheer, the claps by almost 2,500-3,000 students, it all gives you another boost altogether. Everyone goes through low and high phases in their lives, but events like these can give any actor a high,” says Varun, adding, “I was there for almost two hours because SRCC is a college everyone wants to go to, but one beautiful thing ruins it: 100% cutoff!”
Varun’s own college days were spent in Chandigarh, so he doesn’t have friends who hail from DU colleges. “I was not a 100 percenter, nor 90 or 80. I was definitely a distinction guy, so my friends also are people who scored in the same range. That’s why Hindu, Hansraj ya Kirori Mal se toh dost nahi hain, since they are tough to get into. 75% waale friends hain mere. Also, since I was shy and didn’t interact with too many women, I definitely don’t have any friend from Miranda House,” he laughs.
The actor also tells us the first thing he did as soon as he reached Delhi: “I went to Rajouri Garden and had Amritsari kulcha chholle because you don’t get that in Mumbai.” But more than the food, it is the place that attracts the 27-year old.
“Delhi is one place where people are most welcoming, khulke pyaar dikhaate hain... Sirf Punjabi aur Dilli ke log hi aisa pyaar karte hain (Delhi shows its love open-heartedly),” says Varun, who adds that the power of cinema is such in India that wherever an actor goes, someone or the other will recognise them.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.
- Actor Salman Khan prepared some raw onion pickle in a new video shared by his 'sister', Bina Kak. Watch video here.