Will Laal Singh Chaddha bring Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh and Salman Khan together?
Any film actor Aamir Khan picks creates a buzz and Laal Singh Chaddha is no different. A recent report suggests the actor is keen on getting Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan do a cameo in his next.
A report in Bollywood Life says that Aamir is keen on having Shah Rukh and Salman in a scene in the film. They would reportedly be seen seated on a bench together. Quoting an unnamed source, the report said, “He is very keen to have a special appearance from the two. While Shah Rukh has agreed, Salman is yet to give his consent.”
The film, which is the official Hindi remake of hit Hollywood film Forrest Gump, began its shooting in Chandigarh few days back. Pictures of the lead actors, Aamir and Kareena, in their characters, leaked online. While Aamir, playing the titular role, sported a regular middle-class Sikh person look in a pair of shirt and pants with a lilac pagdi (Sikh turban), Kareena looked a picture of simplicity in a pale pink kameez and a white salwar. Later, the actors were seen partying with the cast and crew of the film, celebrating the commencement of shoot.
Forrest Gump was described by the great Roger Ebert as ‘a thoroughly decent man with an IQ of 75, who manages between the 1950s and the 1980s to become involved in every major event in American history. And he survives them all with only honesty and niceness as his shields.’
Speaking about his character, Laal Singh Chaddha, Aamir had said, “This character is very lovable. He’s so innocent… he has got this different way of looking at things. He’s someone you immediately empathize with when you connect. Unless I perform it badly (laughs), then it’s a different game. As a written character, it’s such that you’d fall in love with him straightaway.” The project was announced on Aamir’s birthday in March this year. The actor reportedly lost 20 kgs for the younger version of his character.
Laal Singh Chaddha is expected to be a Christmas 2020 release.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.