'Avengers' 3D glasses get custom treatment
As a way to entice more moviegoers into 3D theaters for The Avengers, Marvel will offer custom 3D glasses this spring, featuring designs for four of the main superheroes in the film -- Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk.
The wraparound frame shapes and color coordination are inspired by the superhero's look and the special specs will be available for purchase at $5 each.
Since film studios will no longer be subsidizing the cost of free glasses for audiences to use in the theater, cinemas must foot the bill of recycling the 3D frames.
For the re-release of Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, LucasFilms will offer special 3D "pod-racer goggle" frames to the first fans to buy tickets on opening weekend, February 8-10, while supplies last at the AMC theater chain in the US.
Will Spider-Man and Superman 3D glasses follow? Since The Dark Knight Rises is not in 3D, there will not be any Dark Knight or Bane frames.
Marvel's The Avengers stars Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Jeremy Renner and Samuel L. Jackson.
The Avengers opens in the UK and European markets, Hong Kong and Brazil on April 25-27 and rolls out in Russia, Australia, India and North America May 1-4.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For checking EPF balance without UAN number, users will need to log into their account through the EPF homepage at epfindia.gov.in.
- The 15th Finance Commission has recommended that states be given 41 per cent of the divisible tax pool of the Centre during the period 2021-22 to 2025-26, which is at the same level as was recommended by the 14th Finance Commission.
- Here’s a list of some of the tasks which need to be performed by taxpayers before March 31
- In an interaction with members of the Indian Women’s Press Corps (IWPC), Sitharaman said that consumer sentiment about the tax burden on auto fuel was understandable.
- Nearly 1.1 million vaccine doses were administered to people above the age of 60 and those in the 45-59 age group till Thursday.
- Mohapatra said the idea came during Modi’s meeting with Marriott International president and chief executive Arne Sorenson, who complained about the complex regulations in starting and running a hotel in India.