Brother, uncle get double death sentence for raping, beheading 12-year-old girl in MP
A local court in Madhya Pradesh’s Sagar district has convicted a 12-year-old girl’s brother and uncle for raping, beheading her, and awarded them a double death penalty, calling the case rarest of the rare that warrants nothing less than capital punishment.
Special public prosecutor Tahir Khan said special sessions judge Umashankar Agrawal awarded the double death penalty to the 22-year-old brother and 42-year-old uncle under Section 376-A (rape) and Section 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code.
According to the prosecution, the girl’s beheaded body was found in an agricultural field a day after she went missing on March 13, 2019. It later emerged that the girl’s brother had abducted and taken her to their uncle’s house where the two convicts raped her before beheading her with a sickle. She was also sodomised.
Khan said 29 witnesses recorded their statements and the sickle was recovered from the house of one of the accused. “The DNA and post mortem report corroborated the prosecution’s charges,” he said. “I urged the court that the girl used to tie rakhi on her brother’s wrist for protection but this brother crossed all the limits and committed an inhuman act.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Retired IAS M Gopal Reddy comes under the scanner again.
- Geeta went missing 20 years ago and reached Lahore, where she was found sitting alone in Samjhauta express in the year 2000.
- A candidate questioned by MPPEB allowed a tainted company to conduct the exam. The same company was blacklisted by UP after a question paper of recruitment exam for sub-inspectors got leaked in 2017, he alleged.
- A decision to this effect was taken after BJP MLA from Mandsaur, Yashpal Singh Sisodia, raised the issue in the state legislative assembly.
- The family members of the accused said the girls knew Sohail for several years and they had gone to Khargone to celebrate Sohail’s birthday