UP govt ‘misleading’ people on unemployment numbers: Akhilesh
Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday accused the Uttar Pradesh government of presenting wrong figures to mislead people on the issue of employment.
“There is unemployment and the youth are facing immense problems but the chief minister is presenting wrong figures to mislead the people,” he said in a statement. The former chief minister said all the schemes like MNREGS, Matikala along with others which the government was claiming to be creating job opportunities were in “deep trouble”. He claimed those associated with these schemes were facing problems in meeting their daily needs.
“The government’s own vocational career service portal shows there has been a fall of 60 per cent in jobs in October 2020 as compared to September,” Akhilesh said. He alleged that during the rule of the BJP government in the state new jobs have not been created, and the existing factories closed down and employees were retrenched during the lockdown.
“People are running around for jobs. The crowds of labourers seen every day in the mornings seeking jobs expose the reality of government claims,” he said, further claiming that the BJP government was harming the interests of all sections of society.
The BJP will have to pay for the allegedly rising unemployment in the 2022 assembly elections, Akhilesh added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Many Congress leaders believe that the new All India Congress Committee (AICC) in-charge for Bihar, Bhakta Charan Das, will have a difficult time renewing the organisation in the face of factional feuds in the state unit and a fear of split.
- The government claims that there's no proof either of any loss of revenue and of benefits accruing to department officials or of their involvement in any conspiracy.
- Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul had petitioned the high court last year seeking quashing of the FIR. The court had already given interim protection to both of them from arrest.
- A senior BJP leader said that attempts have been made to include almost all the major communities in the core group.
- The accused put up the warning against the corporator on his facebook page and made offers to hire contract killers, following which, police’s cyber cell traced and nabbed him